free website stats program Tranny Pully Part Numbers | Harley Davidson Forums

Tranny Pully Part Numbers

banjopete

I am having to replace the primary pully after another 100k miles. The part number on the old one is 40223-95A. My local dealer says that pn is no longer available and I should replace it with 40250-94C. To me, the replacement looks like an older version? or just a different vendor? They are both 32t versions. Does anyone know if there is a REAL difference between these two parts. This will be the third pully as my bike has over 240K on it.
Thanks....Pete

I am having to replace the primary pully after another 100k miles. The part number on the old one is 40223-95A. My local dealer says that pn is no longer available and I should replace it with 40250-94C. To me, the replacement looks like an older version? or just a different vendor? They are both 32t versions. Does anyone know if there is a REAL difference between these two parts. This will be the third pully as my bike has over 240K on it.
Thanks....Pete
Welcome to The Forum, The letter C is the third time the pulley has been upgraded, that is how H D letters their parts

Thanks for the quick response Jack...I understand the change letter business but in this case, it's a whole different pn and the -94 designation makes me think it's an older design than my original pn with a -95 designation. Hence my question ...is there really a difference between 40223-95 and 40250-94??? ....Pete

The tranny Main Shaft has the same P/N (35042-91) from 91-98. I would think your dealer is correct. Why the total P/N change I couldn't tell you.
tourbox

Back