free website stats program tranny oil for sportster | Harley Davidson Forums

tranny oil for sportster

I own a 2006 1200 custom I would like to clarify if I should use the mobil one gear oil 75/90 or the 75/140 synthetic in the transmission I noticed that it reads GL 4 or 5 rated use . can I use this yes or no . I want to make sure I am making the right choice. I live in PR Harley recomends the syn 3 I was told to service the transmission twice a year I think that is too much but I am not happy with the resultes the tranny shifts louder and I had to adjust the clutch after 20 miles because it started to grab just when I would release the clutch It only has 7,000 miles on it and I take excellent care if it. I am sure that the oil created this situation if anyone has had this problem please let me know . Or can point me in the right direction Thanks!
P.S

I am new to the Harley Davidson community and this is my first post A Harley Davidson was my first choice when I decided to buy my first motorcycle.

i have a 01 sportster and i use amsoil 20/50 for both the engine and the primary. when i first used it for primary i was worried but there was no change in clutch action or shifting for me. good luck

Just had my 1000 mile service done this weekend. I switched to the Amsoil 20/50 syn on advice from the forumites here & the service writer at the dealer. Tracy

Back