free website stats program Tranny fluid change | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tranny fluid change

Spectro has been around the block and has done R and D it gets my vote

Royal Purple here main coz its a bit easier to find ....but now Doc Harley Davidson in Kirkwood Mo. carries both...lol what to do what to do...lol:small3d007:

Glider, Years ago we used Bel Ray in our older sleds have they improved their products or is it just new hype by Jessie James and the custom builders

What I have yet to see with regards to lube oils for Harleys is an unbiased test ran on the top oils, AMS, Mobil1,Spectro etc. Fill all the holes on identical bikes and then run them for 100K and then rate them accordingly. All this marketing Hype and catchy names like Royal Purple, Redline and the like is getting old. On my fourth Harley now and have never ever ran any of the synthetics until now (use Mobil 1). All engines have been tore down over the years and never had any significant wear on any gears, shifter forks, bearings etc.

Of course the heavier viscosities will quiet noisy gear trains, but let's face it Harleys are not precision machines with super tight clearances and rev to 9K on the road.

Just my .02

Went from Amsoil 75W110 to Spectro 6 Speed Platinum ( Convinced by this Forum :) ) Glad I did, is much smoother now...

Same with me, and happy with the results!!:D Thanks to Glider and all who convinced me with your very informative post on the Spectro! :newsmile075: Now I am trying to convince one of the local dealers to carry it.......:57:

Back