free website stats program Tranny fluid change | Harley Davidson Forums

Tranny fluid change

FLHRC07

Have been reading alot about tranny fluid change and was wanting to change to the amsoil 75/110 but alot of people here really swear by the Spectro stuff, has anybody used the amsoil product since I am running the 20/50 in the engine was going to use all amsoil products but just wanted to see if anybody had any comments on either of the products. Thanks for any input.

I've been using the Spectro 6 Speed since the first fluid change and I love it!

Using amsoil 20W50 MCV in the crankcase, and amsoil 75W140 Gear Lube, synthetic. Using the 75/140 in tranny even though the summer temps here are relatively moderate.
Availability and better price point were main reasons for choice; however, well pleased with it, as it runs quieter than with the fossil oils. From reading this forum, wished amsoil would abandon some of the annoying marketing practices.

just make sure you get the SYN that the dealer put in there out and put in something of your choice. I found lucas 75W140 synthetic at oriellys and put that in.. , changing gear oil yourself is very easy..

I put Spector in about 400 miles ago. I had HDF+ from new until 4800 miles. I switched to Mobil 1 and it quieted things down pretty good. After the switch to Spectro (7200 miles) it was even better! I had read a lot here about how good it was but was skeptical (as I am with most things...) but after switching I'm a convert! Easier shifts and the rattle in 5th gear is all but gone (wasn't too bad to start with, but its better now). I'm sticking with it.

I had been running 20W50 in the trans but switched to 75W140 yeasterday and the differance is unreal. Much smoother shifts, almost no cluncking going into gear and neutral has never been so easy to find.

I am using Amsoil, but I think any of the quality Synthetics will perform well for you.

I switched to the Spectro Platinum Six for the tranny. What a difference it has made for the better. Great advice from this forum.

Back