free website stats program Trailers | Harley Davidson Forums

Trailers

Ozman

Can anybody recommend a trailer manufacturer who makes a solid trailer for haulin my Utra? Just want a single bike trailer.

I like the single model from Kendon. The new ones are pricy but they do show up occasionally on E Bay. A friend bought one and when I was in the car with the trailer and bike behind I could not even tell it was back there. Smooth and well built.

Check out Aluma trailers. Very well built IMO. Can be used for other things also when compared to bike/only trailers.:)

I have a Triton 5x10 aluminum. It's light weight and pulls great. With the heritage on it only goes 1000lbs.

Kendon can't hold a candle to Aluma. Loading and unloading a dresser alone with a Kendon is an endeavour. No room for the feet, ramp is way too narrow. It is a breeze with the Aluma.
Kendons rust, although they claim they're powdercoated. Aluma is 100% aluminum. And there's a fold-up Aluma too.

Check rocketmotorcycletrailers.com too

ozman, just make sure you put something on the trailer in the front to keep rocks and other road debris from trashing your paint or anything else on your bike for that matter.

As mentioned earlier, I bought a metal utility trailer with front and rear panels the come off and then flip around to extend trailer. I bought front wheel lock and extra mounting plate from JP cycle then added spare plate to the front panel on trailer. I added an extra piece of steel to allow front panel to be supported fully to frame of trailer. At back i made a removable flip down ramp. I can ride my Roadking right into wheellock and then get off and cinch down bike. As a bonus I added the included wheellock quick release plate to my motorcycle hoist so now I can stand beside my bike and walk it right onto hoist and into the wheellock without having to hold bike up while trying to tight front wheel clamp. Works incredibly well. My two cents.
:p

This is all great info. The Kendons sound like a good way to go. Have thought about the fold ups but wondered about their support capacity in the middle. Foot boards of some kind seem like an absolute necessity for an Ultra or any big bike.

Back