free website stats program Trailering | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Trailering

You should finnish that trailer like Steve's and let me use it Bubbie.:D

OKAY geez,, You can use it for FREE... Just drive back HERE and THEN return it when done,,, 3400 miles round trip for you ought to be a good deal for the gas stations along the way too...:D

signed....BUBBIE

Actually Bubbie I was hoping you would take it to Arizona when you move and I'll pick it up there. Might not return it though.:bigsmiley24:

Actually Bubbie I was hoping you would take it to Arizona when you move and I'll pick it up there. Might not return it though.:bigsmiley24:

My thoughts were for You to run it up to Canada, over to Steve's and get it skinned on OD and ID paneled inside like his, and Buy out my interest then I'll borrow it when I need it.. EH :D

signed....BUBBIE

In my neighborhood they wanted $90 to tow my Harley. I paid UHaul $60 to bolt on and wire up a road legal hitch onto my Toyota Celica convertible, and then I rent a trailer for $25 a day. The car needs a tune up (or that "tune up in a bottle" & oil change) or it gets sluggish.

Bubbie I quit building enclosed trailers in 2000.I can buy them cheaper in Indiana then I can manufacture them in Canada.

The outside panels on the trailer are .030 aluminum and the inside is 1/4" plywood with white vinyl laminated to the face.

Bubbie if you would be interested in travelling to the factory in Indiana I would sell you one at dealer cost (under $2500) including the aluminum wheels and two-tone exterior:D
Thanks Steve, If I feel the need for another Nice trailer I'd take you up on that offer.

People who think it Cheap and Easy to build a covered trl. when you have your own welding business, don't understand about the problem with making One or Two is the Cost.. and say nothing about Locating the materials..

I have a 3 inch channel trl. started, Bowed top, Prow front 1x1 .065 tube side frame, center support rec.tube 1x4 notched into the 3" channel down the center-line for Xtra support, a Tank solid frame... tall enough to walk upright, ramp door, side frame mount jack. 2" coupler, single axel ,15"6 ply-trl tires, electa-plate wheels... Now putting all that together with the axle was the easy part... There it sits..

I need it wired,windowed-vented-side doored, skinned out and in. make the ramp door, all hinges and get the spring door load, Put it ALL together Paint then inspect and License it.
Retired and want to Ride every chance just doesn't make that happen.

Finishing it doesn't sound like much Until you try to locate the materials... Alum. siding sheets .030 and interior 1/4 plywood with the plastic side.
Tough to get it and by time you do find a place that will sell,,,,, it isn't Cheap.. Nobody wants to sell to a Little Guy.

Wanting YOUR custom trl the way you want it IS a lot of work...So buying One like you have Is the KEY.. $3,000 is not too much for a quality covered trl , especially painted and ready to Haul your bike..

Then Modify it to your desires.

I can SEE You can buy them Cheaper with the Factory making them.

I have come out OK on the regular framed flat-bed, low sided or speciality trailers...

This one looked like a piece of cake when I started it,, and it was to this skeleton state and then turned out to be a Night-mare..
That is why it sits.. Some farmer will buy it.. He'll Toss
Plywood on the insides and floor to haul??? hog or cow but not a Harley

Looking better all the time to buy another Covered one.
I have one little guy i built,, a 5x8 covered single ax ramp trl., I made Long ago, then Bought a 5x10 single ax. full covered for tools in Az.. that will haul my big and sport bike for now.

I can only appreciate the offer for now

Thanks for the reply and the offer.

signed....BUBBIE

My thoughts were for You to run it up to Canada, over to Steve's and get it skinned on OD and ID paneled inside like his, and Buy out my interest then I'll borrow it when I need it.. EH :D

signed....BUBBIE

That sounds like a plan but not a great one for me. Looks like Steve doesn't want to be bothered to finnish it easier. Like you say Bubbie, easy to make the frame, deck and put the axle on but then the real work starts. Company's that build them buy in bulk and get materials cheaper and the paper work to license them is a real pain. They do it all the time.

Back