free website stats program Trailering | Harley Davidson Forums

Trailering

orourcs

There is a good possibility that I will be heading for Montana very soon for an extended period of work. My car is a Toyota Yaris sedan. I can't stand the thought of leaving my Heritage Classic in Tennessee all summer. My question, do you guys think it would be possible to trailer my bike safely with that small car? I plan to rent a u-haul bike trailer.
Thank you in advance for any advice.

check your owners manual for your Yaris. don't think you will be able to tow. my wife has a Fusion, and it says in the owners manual, do not tow. check yours.

Certainly not with a U-Haul bike trailer. The U-Haul bike trailers I have seen are VERY beefy and made of steel. To even think of pulling using a Yaris Sedan, you would have to start with a light weight trailer such as the Kendon or Rocket aluminum. Using the U-haul trailer, your gross weight combo would be way over 1000 lbs.

There is a good possibility that I will be heading for Montana very soon for an extended period of work. My car is a Toyota Yaris sedan. I can't stand the thought of leaving my Heritage Classic in Tennessee all summer. My question, do you guys think it would be possible to trailer my bike safely with that small car? I plan to rent a u-haul bike trailer.

AGREE with the other post.. If they make a Bolt-on hitch for it?

The biggest thing is MOST drivers LUGG the cars down when towing. Even IF an automatic, IT Needs to be shifted so it runs without lug.. I think you would have no problem IF the car can handle a hitch..

Have a BLAST with the bike..:D

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks for the good advice. I agree with leaving the car home and taking the bike. It's still a bit chilly in MT, but what the heck. Thanks folks!

i trailer my bike a lot due to my line of work and space. if you went for a smaller enclosed trailer (8") with a low profile i won't think you would have a problem but as mentioned check with your owners manual. there is places that will rent a trailer like this but if you do check to make sure your windshield (if you have one) fits when attached. mine clears by 1/2 inch and a friends doesn't and he has to remove.

enjoy i do it all the time:bigsmiley12:

Back