free website stats program Trailering your Bike (With a Uhaul) | Harley Davidson Forums

Trailering your Bike (With a Uhaul)

NYHarley

I am going to pick up my new Night Train Saturday, and I will be using a 5'x9' Uhaul Utility Trailer. The trailer has good straping points. Any trailering suggestions? And, yes, I will be breaking the 45mph limit that uhaul has written in reverse on the fenders, I have to drive on the highway 65-70.

I am going to pick up my new Night Train Saturday, and I will be using a 5'x9' Uhaul Utility Trailer. The trailer has good straping points. Any trailering suggestions? And, yes, I will be breaking the 45mph limit that uhaul has written in reverse on the fenders, I have to drive on the highway 65-70.
Congrats on your new bike! Definitely make sure that you have enough ratcheting straps, and a soft towel or blanket to put under the strap so it doesn't scuff your paint.

I had to trailer my new bike home last year. It was too far on too much highway.

Ride safe!

Uhaul makes a pretty good M/C trailer but it's not available everywhere.

Attachments

• DSCN2118s.jpg
    DSCN2118s.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 90
My local Uhaul doesn't rent the motorcycle trailers so I have to go with the standard 5'X9' Utility Trailer.

I definitly won't be using Cam-Buckles, never liked them. I will use my new ratcheting tiedowns, and back those up with my old ratcheting tie downs.

Looks like it is going to rain on Saturday, now I have to figure out what to cover the bike with on the trailer. I don't want the bike to see rain unless I am on it...

I thought about my last post and also realized that using a cover wasn't a good idea. Wet or Dry I can't wait to get it home, get it registered, and get on it!!!

I know insurance will be in effect before you load it

That's a 10-4, made sure I had that. My bank knew I was driving out of state to get it, and they wanted a copy of my insurance card before they would give out any cash.... Actually got a great deal from Progressive, only $385 per yr for my 02 Sporty and the 07 Night Train. I had Geico for my Sporty and they wanted $585 for both bikes.

The bike is home, and is patiently awaiting registration tomorrow. Can't wait to get out on it!!

Back