free website stats program Trailering (again) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Trailering (again)

I've bought, used, then resold 6 Kendas in the last 3 years. I'm looking for another right now. Great trailers, but I hate losing garage space, so after I use it for a trip, I sell it, Have actually made $$$ on each one. Some people sell 'em way cheap.

They must have wised up because I can't find any in my neck of the woods. :(

If you ever intend on hitting the interstate with the trailer, try and get one with car size tires on it. Smaller tires don't have as much sidewall strength, and they are spinning many times faster, causing more heat in the bearings. Some sort of suspension is also desireable. I have a solid axle trailer, and it's a bit jerky on the highway.:(

+1 on tire size. I bought a used Haulmark 8'x12' enclosed double trailer. LOVE it.

Bought an open solid axle trailer several years before I bought my first Harley. It is rated for 1500lb with I think a 200lb tongue wt. Installed a wheel chock and several tie down points. Although I do not trailer much, I let my riding buddy use it to transport his new scoot from NC to AL and have used it to haul my scoot up to the Smokies. Never encountered any problems.
Having said all that, if I had it to do all over again, I would have invested in a closed trailer, the bike is protected more of course, JMO.

Back