free website stats program Trailer | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Trailer

Saw a nice used enclosed trailer for sale, but its a single axle and I've heard two are better- is a single axle trailer good for trailering a bike? thanks.

I built a single bike trailer to pull behind my honda element and used a Ford festiva rear axle and a set of stock Harley shocks with heavy duty springs. Unless you look in the mirror you don't even know it's back there. And with the shocks off the bike it keeps the bike from bouncing almost completely, just got lucky on the combo but it's a single axle and does really good.

I have a single axle 7x12 trailer and I have pulled both my bikes 2 dressers from New Jersey To Florida with no problems, like others have said you forget its even back there.

I have a 7x14 enclosed for two bikes and camping gear. I would like to add tie downs at the tail end of your ride will save wear and tear on your rear suspension, nothing worse then arriving at your destination to find leaky shock/s. Where's My sign.

I have used a single axle trailer for years with two Dyans loaded. Works great.

There was a good post about not using small tires.

Ditto on the small tires, traded up for that reason. I tow behind a corolla (hold the jokes) and the single axel is fine. 4 straps+ 2 extra and wheel chok. Getting the right weight distribution on the hitch is the key.

Ditto on the small tires, traded up for that reason. I tow behind a corolla (hold the jokes) and the single axel is fine. 4 straps+ 2 extra and wheel chok. Getting the right weight distribution on the hitch is the key.

Yep; when I built my trailer I put the bike on it and weighed the tongue so I knew where to weld the axle mounting brackets at 40lbs weight on the tongue and I measured real good so the trailer would track true. :D

Saw a nice used enclosed trailer for sale, but its a single axle and I've heard two are better- is a single axle trailer good for trailering a bike? thanks.
A buddy of mine has a place called trailer in a bag. It's pretty cool. when you get to where you are going, just disassemble and stick the trailer in your trunk. I think the link to his site is trailerinabag.com. They are in Margate, FL. If I had a car, I would probably have one myself.

I pull this behind my 5th wheel. It has a double hitch connection so that it stays in-line with the 5th wheel (will not jack knife when backing up). The rear wheels swivel so it can make turns. Only potential issue is that it swings wide when making tight turns.

IMG_1495.JPG

that looks like a nice set up

Back