Trailer ride for a new Ultra Limited

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Scrounger, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Scrounger

Scrounger Active Member

Going to the beach with the family and plan to bring the scooter. What are the best tie down spots front and rear if you are trailering your big bike. I have a front wheel chock in the trailer already.

2. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

On my ride I use a pair of "Soft Ties" at the bottom triple trees, NOT the bars in the front.

Another pair of "Soft Ties" at the lower shock mounts at the Rear. Sometimes another set in the rear at the top shock mounts.

What kind of trailer you own (rent). Leaf or torsion bar suspension?

My tie positions may not work for you? My Dyna has plenty of room.

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

That will work good, you can tie her down with soft ties on the crash bars also for added protection

4. bonsi57

bonsi57 Active Member

If you trailer your bike someone told me the security system has to be programmed for "trailer mode." Otherwise the security light will flash off and on the entire trip and kill your battery. Has anyone else heard or done this?

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

The button FOB on the older alarms did have this feature but it was different than the new smart FOB and the dealer may be able to shed some light on it for you.

Here's the older procedure...

Alarm Transport Mode Setting (button FOB) - Harley Davidson Community

You may consider keeping the FOB in proximity to the bike so it doesn't arm the system.

6. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Yes, it is called "transport Mode". Easy to do..
    It hold that mode for 1 cycle of the key so you don't have to de-reactivate it.

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

Steve, if you could, post them up and I'll move them to self help. This is for a 2010 bike now.

Thanks

8. glider

glider Veteran Member

Thanks Steve.:D

9. Scrounger

Scrounger Active Member

Thanks everyone for the help. I'll look up the trailer mode stuff too.

10. Springer Fan

Springer Fan Member

Not to hijack this thread, but what about a Road Glide. How do you tie down that front end? Do you go up between the fairing and the forks? I have soft ties, but not sure about the best place to connect.