free website stats program Trailer ride for a new Ultra Limited | Harley Davidson Forums

Trailer ride for a new Ultra Limited

Scrounger

Going to the beach with the family and plan to bring the scooter. What are the best tie down spots front and rear if you are trailering your big bike. I have a front wheel chock in the trailer already.

On my ride I use a pair of "Soft Ties" at the bottom triple trees, NOT the bars in the front.

Another pair of "Soft Ties" at the lower shock mounts at the Rear. Sometimes another set in the rear at the top shock mounts.

What kind of trailer you own (rent). Leaf or torsion bar suspension?

My tie positions may not work for you? My Dyna has plenty of room.

On my ride I use a pair of "Soft Ties" at the bottom triple trees, NOT the bars in the front.

Another pair of "Soft Ties" at the lower shock mounts at the Rear. Sometimes another set in the rear at the top shock mounts.

What kind of trailer you own (rent). Leaf or torsion bar suspension?

My tie positions may not work for you? My Dyna has plenty of room.

That will work good, you can tie her down with soft ties on the crash bars also for added protection

If you trailer your bike someone told me the security system has to be programmed for "trailer mode." Otherwise the security light will flash off and on the entire trip and kill your battery. Has anyone else heard or done this?

If you trailer your bike someone told me the security system has to be programmed for "trailer mode." Otherwise the security light will flash off and on the entire trip and kill your battery. Has anyone else heard or done this?

Yes, it is called "transport Mode". Easy to do..
It hold that mode for 1 cycle of the key so you don't have to de-reactivate it.

Steve, if you could, post them up and I'll move them to self help. This is for a 2010 bike now.

Thanks

Not to hijack this thread, but what about a Road Glide. How do you tie down that front end? Do you go up between the fairing and the forks? I have soft ties, but not sure about the best place to connect.

Back