trailer hitch

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by ooheritage, Nov 10, 2009.

1. ooheritage

ooheritage Active Member

hey to all, do ultra glides come with trailor hitch mounts already, or is it a add on that you have to do?

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

They don't come with it but the dealer can install one for you.

3. ooheritage

ooheritage Active Member

thank you gentlemen

4. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Richard, I see quite a few bike Harley and others with trailers. I've never pulled one so I can't comment, can you tell us why it's a nightmare?

5. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Thats 39 inches on this side of the pond for those of you that want to know

6. walleye

walleye Junior Member Contributor

If I have to pull a trailer, I will use a cage. No offense, JMHO. When on my rare rides, I want to ride like I like to ride, and that would not include a trailer. I do not get the opportunity to ride often enough. Sorry, I know this is off the question, which was answered. What ever you do, ride safe.

7. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Junior Member

I've pulled a Unigo trailer over 42,000 miles ...from the East coast to the West Coast... I've never had a problem and sure makes the wife happy...They sold me the hitch (Unigo w/ a wiring harness specially for my Road King) installed the hitch and wired it in less that 2 hours. Its can carry up to 100 pounds and its a 1 wheel trailer..when we arrive at out destination we unhook it and roll it to our room.

8. walleye

walleye Junior Member Contributor

There you go. You could not get a better opinion than this. 42K is what I call experience. :s

9. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Junior Member

BTW..this is our set up....was heading to Canada ..and notice the smile on the wifes face...thats why I pull a trailer..

Harley Davidson Community

10. gusotto

gusotto Junior Member

I've considered a trailer but I have run through some of the +/- of running a trailer.
    I travel alone (usually) and I might be tempted to take too much. I did an Iowa/California trip this summer and I had the bike packed with too many clothes. Next time I'll take less.
    I had the tourpac, T-Bag and dry bag on the passenger seat full. Made the bike ('07 Ultra) top heavy. Noticeable when it took weight off the front wheel.
    I could take a passenger if using a trailer.
    I had too much weight on the rear. A trailer would help but I'd have to alter riding styles.
    I see a lot of bikes with trailers so the thought is still there.