free website stats program Traffic Light Activation? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Traffic Light Activation?

I'm in Maryland. Between the red light cameras, speed cameras, D.O.T. cameras, police at intersections trying to ticket non-seat belt wearing drivers and whatever else this communist state can think of.....I'll just sit there!:s

:lolrolling I am with you Porter :lolrolling

I have not yet had this problem? Lucky I guess.

My son that works for the MDT at the JFK & Hatem bridges sais to try stopping over the corners. Like I said, I have not had this problem.

when I took the rider safety course here in Va. I was given a book from the state DMV that said to stop in the center of the lane and if the light didn't change in a reasonable amount of time to rev up the motor. I have done this and am not sure if it works, but have been at a stoplight for quite a while and shortly after I reved the throttle the light changed.
==========================================================
So THATS the reason Harley riders are constantly revvvving thier engines at lights !! :s

Last edited:
All the red light triggers are magnets and they are over priced IMO . I went to the hardware store & got some magnets 1" X 2 1/2" for $2 each & I put them under my floorboards & it seemed to help , also putting the bike over the wire seems to help . Now I do not have to sit at the lights for long .

There is one particular light here that would not trip on my Sportster but does on my UC,I wonder if the bikes mass has any thing to do with it?

:D I read in a web sight about hacking all sorts of things,and came across,about using a magnet under the frame,yea right. well i found a magnet in a Mcmaster-Carr book,that has a 1/4" hole in the center,and when it grabs hold of something,can lift 50# lbs, I drilled and taped a 10-32 hole just under the left side frame rail,by the kick stand, and the lights that gave me trouble in town, don't anymore. and you can't see it ,unless the bike is in the air.:bigsmiley24:

Here in Calif. the law allows us to do the same thing "California Vehicle Code, Section 218000(d)(1)

I respectfully disagree. CVC Sec. 21800 (not 218000) (d)(1) applies only when the traffic control signals have become inoperative because of battery failure. It would therefore not apply to the situation where the light cycles for other traffic but not for the motorcycle rider in the left turn lane.

I just did a search on this and couldn't find it. Could you paste the wordage here? Thanks, Craig

Sorry.... I had the section number wrong

I see they have reworded it and deleted the motorcycle part...It used to read:
21800(d) (1) The driver of any vehicle approaching an intersection which has official traffic control signals that are inoperative shall stop at the intersection, and may proceed with caution when it is safe to do so. The motorcycle did not trigger the device, the device is considered to be inoperative.

You got to keep an eye on those guys all the time..

Last edited by a moderator:
:D I read in a web sight about hacking all sorts of things,and came across,about using a magnet under the frame,yea right. well i found a magnet in a Mcmaster-Carr book,that has a 1/4" hole in the center,and when it grabs hold of something,can lift 50# lbs, I drilled and taped a 10-32 hole just under the left side frame rail,by the kick stand, and the lights that gave me trouble in town, don't anymore. and you can't see it ,unless the bike is in the air.:bigsmiley24:

Better be careful riding over manhole covers with that thing! :lolrolling

Back