free website stats program Trade my 08 fxdb street bob for 03 fxstbi night train??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Trade my 08 fxdb street bob for 03 fxstbi night train???

About to trade my dyna for the anniversary edition soft tail and not sure if I should? Both bikes are in great shape, mine has lower miles (9800 vs 16500), and a bigger motor (96ci vs 88ci). But the night train has ALL the goods. Ultimately it will come down to the ride, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anniversary models didn't really "add" to the value of the bikes.
Money being passed long? It isn't an even trade,
Cam chain tensioner problems (costly) with the earlier models. Your bike wouldn't have that problem.

I'd pass....

Like gusotto says unless there is a large amount of $$ coming your way this is not something I would do. With 16,000+ miles the anniv. will have to be opened up soon to check the tensioners and the loss of CI will be something you will notice.

I see this as a down grade I would pass JMO Your BOB has a better motor and cam drive set up plus the self adjusting primary, The anniversary model is just that special paint and badges plus a WAY different ride being a softail

Thanks guys, I was on the fence about it and was leaning towards keeping my Bob. After your comments I'm definitely keeping it. Was blinded by all the extras the softail had. Feel like I dodged a bullet, appreciate it!!!

Back