free website stats program Trade In Value for a 2007 Road King? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Trade In Value for a 2007 Road King?

I've even been told by some dealers that they start knocking your trade price at 1500 miles a year. Criminal.

$7,000.000 !!!WOW I would have held on to it as well.

Hey Doc they did me a favor. I went out and bought a dual sport to ride with the kids. Thats a blast to ride a 400 pound bike. Now if I do not get hurt riding it.............:small3d011:

To me, trade-in value = the amount you are willing to take for your old bike + how much you want the new bike / how much the trade is actually needed. Depends on what's driving the "trade train" for me...JMO.

Sell private, get more money . Buy a used bike a year or two old very low miles, when you register bike, you are asked how much you bought it for. Always write down less money than you actually paid.
Save $$$$
WAP.gif

Sell private, get more money . Buy a used bike a year or two old very low miles, when you register bike, you are asked how much you bought it for. Always write down less money than you actually paid.
Save $$$$
WAP.gif

That's getting more difficult here. The notary is mandated to look up value of the bike through prescribed manual approved by state of Pa. to find out proper value and taxes are paid on that number..... The last time 7 years ago, when purchasing a bike from a friend and stated I was paid for a job done with bike, we had to write a letter explaining that bike was payment, notary stamped letter and it went with the file to dept. of transportation.... :small3d011:

That's getting more difficult here. The notary is mandated to look up value of the bike through prescribed manual approved by state of Pa. to find out proper value and taxes are paid on that number..... The last time 7 years ago, when purchasing a bike from a friend and stated I was paid for a job done with bike, we had to write a letter explaining that bike was payment, notary stamped letter and it went with the file to dept. of transportation.... :small3d011:

Same here in Texas. It used to be they would ask you what you paid for the vehicle when registering it to determine taxable value. I guess too many people were cheating the system, so now they go strictly by blue book value, unless you can prove you paid much less.

Back