Trade for a street glide?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by zman1968, Oct 28, 2011.

1. zman1968

zman1968 Member

I am seriously considering trading my 2010 street bob w/ 8000 miles on it for a new street glide. I owe about 10 g's on the bob and the glide that I'm looking at costs 21,000. Do you guys think that this would be a wise move?

sent from the boondocks

2. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

zman; depends on why you want to swap rides - is your bobber not working out w/you & your riding reason(s)? I'd have to say I was in a similar position two years ago when I decided to trade my 05 Sportster for the 09 Street Glide I now own. My main reason to upgrade was financial because back in 05 (when I bought Sporty) I just retired from USAF & wanted a new scoot. REALLY wanted a Street Glide at the time (newly released bike), but couldn't afford so I settled. After four fun-filled years of riding the Sportster - was in a better financial position so I waited until fall & found a good deal on this 09 & been smiling ever since.

So...in the end...you definitely will take a loss on Bob trade, but if you can clear the owed balance & afford to get into the a new Glide w/no financial constraints - I say "go for it." Life's too short to not have the things that make you happy...right? :D

Oh, also, make sure you clear it w/the boss (if applicable)...:s Good luck & let us know what you decide.

3. robermv32

robermv32 Active Member

The question is really what you're looking for. It's a personal thing. But if you want something to compare your choices here's my story. Always rode the cruisers. Superglide and then the Soft Tail Custom. I was happy.

Then I traded the FXSTC in on a 2010 StreetGlide. For me, it was the best thing I ever did. I'm older now so the need to blast out of the hole is a thing of the past. Now I enjoy longer rides, listening to a radio or playing a CD all the while enjoying the comfort that the touring frame affords me. I was so impressed with the quality of the ride the Street Glide gave me that I ventured out on a 16 day 6000 mile road trip by myself and loved it.

So in conclusion, for me there is no regret getting off the cruiser and onto the touring bike. None whatsoever. I have put 21,658 miles on my 2010 FLHX and that is being from the Northeast. ( The bike is already put up for the winter )

I wholeheartedly agree with the Iceman. Life is too short...
    Do what your heart tells you to do..............then enjoy it

4. zman1968

zman1968 Member

The dealer will pay off the bob and they are crunching numbers now. If the numbers are to my liking its gonna be a done deal. Btw the reasons I want to upgrade are fairing,radio,storage, and the nice custom orange :)

sent from the boondocks

5. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

And the fact "Someday you will own a bagger".

If payments are not going to hurt you, then why not ride something you can really enjoy instead of just having a bike.....:s

6. zman1968

zman1968 Member

Its a go, I will pick up in 2 weeks!

sent from the boondocks

7. zman1968

zman1968 Member

This is it!

sent from the boondocks!

Attached Files:

8. speedyron

speedyron Active Member

nice congrats

9. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

You'll be happy with that for sure! Very nice.

10. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Congrats 2u on swinging the deal...post some pics when you get the new sled home & remember to to the new engine break-in (see self-help tips). Enjoy!