free website stats program Traction Control Braking | Harley Davidson Forums

Traction Control Braking

myfrdm

Has anyone had any experience with TCB (Traction Control Braking) out of Texas? It is a valve that replaces your banjo bolt at the caliper. It is to reduce brake lock up on Non-ABS models. I have heard about it and appreciate any feedback.

I have seen them and have been wanting to read some reports on them. I may be wrong, but I think the premise (principal?) of operation is that the cap is an air lock, and makes you have to push harder on the pedal to lock up the brake.
I can't imagine how anything so small could be more complicated than that. But my imagination is sometimes limited. :p

That's exactly how I understand it too, Breeze. Seems like a pretty simple system. Still waiting to hear feedback from users.

appreciate any feedback.

Sounds to me like a death wish. That valve "cracks" at a pre-determined FIXED (keyword Fixed) psi value. Normal ABS systems adjusts that value on the fly according to the road conditions by seeing the wheel skid and then adjusting the hydraulic pressure to stop it from skidding. A wet road would require a different pedal force to create a skid than a dry road, than a sandy road, than a hot road, than a snowy road, than a bald tire, than a new tire, than a fully loaded vehicle or one that was empty. Get the picture? No one fixed value would work for all the different possible conditions that would require different hydraulic pressure to prevent a skid.

I have no idea how the guy gets away with selling them. I would not touch them if they were free.

How's that for feedback. :)

Well, with 2 of our most respected members having spoken (thanks Hoop and Smitty) I guess that settles this issue!

:D

Hoople nailed this one, ABS is controlled by input from vehicle speed and road conditions and the computer and pump work together in real time un like something that is preset I would pass on this one

How does ABS sense road conditions? I thought it monitored wheel RPM to speed, when wheel RPM stopped/slide spinning the system bleed off line pressure to meet speed.
wilks3 :D
:USA

Last edited:
How does ABS sense road conditions? I thought it monitored wheel RPM to speed, when wheel RPM stopped/slide spinning the system bleed off line pressure to meet speed.
wilks3 :D
:USA

It uses the tyre as a sensor when the brakes are applied and the tyre looses grip the wheel stops rotating
as the tyre will perform differently depending on the road type and conditions it supplies the main part of the info through its interaction with the wheel and subsequently the wheel sensor

Brian

If ABS were this simple all bikes would have in on them. I think the manufactures engineers and liability department would not have it...

Back