free website stats program Tracking road seams | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tracking road seams

I am running the Dunlop 402 and notice a significant track of the road grooves. The tire is worn about half way.

About 3 months ago I noticed a wobble in the front end and it just felt a little loose. I checked the front bearing and needed to have them replaced, about 40K on that set.

I have never experienced the tank slap, but have had the rear wobble occur in turns. I find my shocks are usually low below 20psi when it occurs.

It's been commented that tires with a center groove, will have a tendency to track highway groves and tar snakes.

I had the same tracking problem with stock Dunlops on my '02 Sportster and '07 Ultra.

Different style tires cured my tracking.
I run Continental Milestones on the Sportster.
I presently have Commander 2's on the Ultra but I have run Dunlop E3 and Continental Milestones on the Ultra.
Every tire cured the tracking as soon as I took off the stock Dunlops with the center groove molded in the tire.
Immediately noticeable.

My 02 E-Glide did the tracking thing with the Dunlop's real bad. I switched to Commander 2's and cured the problem.
:bigsmiley8:

I had the same problem with a previous bike, it turned out to be the rear tyre pressure was too low.

Back