free website stats program TPS sensor reading high/low | Harley Davidson Forums

TPS sensor reading high/low

panaz

Hey guys new to all this online stuff.

well 1st off I have a 2009 Harley nightrain.

well 1st thing 1st is my mechanic plugged up a Harley decoder to my bike and it came up with P0123 TP Sensor High EFI and whats even more puzzling is the voltage is 4.49 at closed and 0.05 when wide open throttle.should be the other way around...????

but the odd thing is that we put a brand new genuine TPS sensor on and it came up with the same problem...????

any ideas or anybody else had same problem....

help needed asap..

Hey guys new to all this online stuff.

well 1st off I have a 2009 Harley nightrain.

well 1st thing 1st is my mechanic plugged up a Harley decoder to my bike and it came up with P0123 TP Sensor High EFI and whats even more puzzling is the voltage is 4.49 at closed and 0.05 when wide open throttle.should be the other way around...????

but the odd thing is that we put a brand new genuine TPS sensor on and it came up with the same problem...????

any ideas or anybody else had same problem....

help needed asap..

Did you have a engine light on? When you say your mechanic used his scanner what kind was it?

How are you reading the voltage. Is it a processed data reading (scanner) or is it from a direct meter connection (VOM).

Are you having a drive-ability issue with the bike. Do you have a black box (fuel pack) between the ECM and the wiring harness. Is the bike bone stock regarding the engine management system.

As Jack already asked,,What are you using for a scanner tool. Is it a SE Super tuner dongle? Daytona Twin Tech? And is the check engine light on? Did you cross check the code using the built in WOW test?

Back