free website stats program Toyota Fix ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Toyota Fix ?

BOBFLHTC

I was watching the news this evening and listening to people tell their stories about run away cars they couldn't stop. What was disconcerting was the CEO admitting they have not completely eliminated the problem. I turned to my wife and said they should install a Kill Switch like we have on our bikes. Anyway JMO - Bob

I'll be watching this very closely. I have a 2007 Avalon which falls under the recalls but I have not experienced any problems.:bigsmiley31:

I was watching the news this evening and listening to people tell their stories about run away cars they couldn't stop. What was disconcerting was the CEO admitting they have not completely eliminated the problem. I turned to my wife and said they should install a Kill Switch like we have on our bikes. Anyway JMO - Bob

Only problem with kill switch is the power steering goes, and power brakes only good for couple applications (don't pump 'em) and once stopped, it could be in the middle of an intersection or worse if in the mountains going downhill...specially if your accelerator pedal gets stuck in the carpet...:swoon

Im just hoping the price on the Tacoma pickups come down out of this whole recall thing.Man I want one of those.Last time I walked into a Toyota showroom to hagle the salesman said "We dont hagle, the cars sell themselves".

Ended up with a Chevy,now I get worried if the check engine light isnt on.

Well actually they "DID", being the keyword there. They ARE actually very good vehicles, problem is they did the same mistakes most big companies make...RISK Management becomes king, paying more attention to their stockholders rather than Quality Assurance to maintain "Status Quo"!

i have a 2008 tss camry, have had no problems yet, had a lady tell us that she took hers in and all they done was remove a little foam under carpet to get it to lay lower, that was it. the dealer told my wife if it was to do it just push it into neutral, it has a rev limiter on it.

Im just hoping the price on the Tacoma pickups come down out of this whole recall thing.Man I want one of those.Last time I walked into a Toyota showroom to hagle the salesman said "We dont hagle, the cars sell themselves".

You should of bought a Ford F-150...:bigsmiley11:

i also got the same anwser when i asked about thr rebates on tacoma, salesman said, if you want a rebate you shouls have looked at ford, or chevy,
toyota don't have to give rebates, its just a sales gimick, he told me either you want a toyota or you don't !!

i bought a ford 150. this was back in 2003.

bought y wife 208 camry in 2009 cause it was a good deal on it. ,
it makes 3 camrys in 6 years, they were all sweet with no probs.

You should of bought a Ford F-150...:bigsmiley11:

Toyota PU is fine thank you very much, and Ford PU is also mighty fine...! :s Always reliable and easy with fuel, convenience and quality. Really can't go wrong with most modern vehicles...just a rough patch, brought about by Corporate greed and complacency. :(

Back