free website stats program Toy hauler | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Toy hauler

THE F-150 IS A 1/2 Ton with a total towing capacity of 10,000 Lbs. by manufacturers specs. If properly equipped with an equalizing hitch.
That tandem axle is easier to back up then any single axle utility trailer.
Have fun.And if you need any pointers just ask.

In my experience I have 14 ft landscape trailer and going down the road you can forget i'ts behind you just have to make sure you leave additional space to change lanes, I used to drive a tow truck and the smaller the vehichle behind you the more difficult it was to back up, a volkswagon would react quicker and turn more drastic to the movement of the steering wheel while a big caddy would not react as fast and easier to back in to a location.

Thanks all. I really appreciate your input. Dbmg, those links were priceless. Well worth the read. I even downloaded the phone app! :D
Well, it is 7:57 am and we are heading off to New Hampshire to look at this baby!
I need to cool my jets a bit. :p

Guys/gals, just a follow up on my trip to N.H. to look at thee toy hauler. Yes, it was beautiful, but he was firm in his price of $7,595.00. I told myself when I went up there that I would offer him $6,500 but if I really liked it I would offer $7,000. He was firm on the price so I told him I would call him in the evening and let him know if we were interested in it or not. After much wrangling we decided that we didn't want to spend that much for something that really was a bit to spartan for the kind of camping that we were hoping to get into. Perhaps we will look into a camper that sits on top of the truck bed and overlaps onto the cab of the truck. I have looked at some of them online and they are really nice. As far as towing the bike goes, I think I will pick up an open trailer to tow behind the truck and camper.
I just wanted to thank all who offered their helpful advice which I will still adhere to when I buy the trailer.
Again, my thanks.
HC

Sorry things didn't work out but maybe its a good thing...It will give you more time to look in to different options..:)..You could use that open trailer for lots of things...Please let us no what you end up doing...Good luck. Mat

Back