free website stats program Towing the bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Towing the bike

horizonchaser

Contributor
Anyone here use a landscape type trailer to tow their bikes? I was thinking about buying a motor home, the kind that you drive, and thought it would be great if after we arrived where we were going I could unhook the trailer, roll the bike off of it, and explore the surrounding area on our bike. Not to mention it's a heck of a lot cheaper on gas than the RV! :p
And if you do use a landscaping trailer are their any issues with stones kicking up and chipping your paint? Thanks!

I normally tow my bike to Florida in an enclosed trailer,but this year I towed it with one of our 5x10 utility trailers.The trailer has a 20'' front,but I built an aluminum deflector to go above that.Like the ones on an open snowmobile trailer and it worked perfectly.

I have seen a few Motorhome RV's roll by with the full size motorcycle rack w/Harley on it. They are like a lift rack that mounts to the back bumper. I have seen them on both motorhomes and pull behind RV's.

I bought a 5x10 ft. utility trailer and towed my bike to Florida last December. It worked great and even if the bike :bigsmiley12:got caught in bad weather I can clean it in 30 to 60 minutes. Easy

I prefer an enclosed trailer.
Out of the weather, can't be harmed by the dirt, rocks and grime of the road.
When parked, you have to worry about somebody who wants your parts with an open tariler.

Got a 5 x 8 utility trailer with a front wheel chock that I have used to tow the bike. Works just fine, towed it up the mountains twice and to the beach several times. Sofar no problems besides getting caught in the rain, I suppose a rock could cause a problem but it hasn't happened yet, I use a SUV to tow the bike.

I use an enclosed most of the time. It gets too much road grime and oil even in dry weather. It gives me a parking garage when I arrive too. T
WAP.gif

I was at Lake of the Ozarks a few weeks ago and saw some jet ski trailers sitting in a lot and thought that they would be a good size to convert to carry a bike; if it could be done.

Enclosed is still the way to go IMO.
If it helps you out and you don't mind travelling to the factory in Indiana I will get you one at dealer cost.

Back