free website stats program Towing EGC and Softtail Deluxe | Harley Davidson Forums

Towing EGC and Softtail Deluxe

BeauJames

My daughter and son in law are wanting to come for a visit and bring both of their bikes but also have four kids, youngest being 3 so they also have lots of kid gear to haul too. His is an EGC and hers is a Softtail Deluxe. Is a U-Haul 6x12 big enough or do they need bigger? Thanks Y'all.

They will need may need something larger.I had a 6 x 12 inclosed trailer and put a goldwing and a shadow in it .the shadow had to go in at a angle in front and the goldwing in behind it.They went in but was a tight fit.12 ft long would be ok if it was 7 or 8 ft wide.If the trailer is an open trailer it might be fine because the handlebars can hang over the side some.

My daughter and son in law are wanting to come for a visit and bring both of their bikes but also have four kids, youngest being 3 so they also have lots of kid gear to haul too. His is an EGC and hers is a Softtail Deluxe. Is a U-Haul 6x12 big enough or do they need bigger? Thanks Y'all.
We had an enclosed 6x12 trailer that we hauled our Ultra in. My feeling is you will need something bigger. Length will be ok but the width might pose a problem. Without proper tiedowns in the trailer it will be very hard to tie down your bikes and keep them apart. JMHO, but 7x12 or even 8x12 would be much better. Being a U-Haul, it will not be set up for bike hauling.

An enclosed trailer should hold both bikes AND the oldest 3 children. :newsmile011:
Who's gonna be watching the kids while y'all are riding?

I have an enclosed 6 x 12 myself with the ramp rear door. I know my Glide works nicely in it but I wasnt sure about two two the same size basically.

Back