free website stats program Touring Twin Cam Engine Geneology Matrix | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring Twin Cam Engine Geneology Matrix

Rod Stewart

For a while now I have been keeping a geneology chart just for my own info, but I thought perhaps others might find it useful, so I am posting it here.
I make no guarantees that it is 100% correct or complete, and it should be considered a work in progress.
I would also appreciate any suggested additions or revisions. I can post revised versions as appropriate.

Rod

Attachments

• TWIN CAM TOURING GENEOLOGY.docx
    13.3 KB · Views: 39
All '05 models did not have self adjusting primary changes.
A lot is missed. No mention of primary gearing changes; crank iterations, crank bearing iterations; the factory has never offered a 107" BB kit, it was a 103", same bore as the 95" BB kit; the 110" BB kit with 4" cylinders was introduced this year, not 2007; catalytic converters were installed before the 2012 MY; original compensator change was 2007 and there have been at least two upgrades since. There may be other corrections but you get my drift. Also, many other smaller changes have been missed..

The MoCo publishes a document each model year outlining the changes from the previous year and all are available online; suggest the OP check them out.;)

Whew; tough crowd! :confused:
This was never intended to be all inclusive or comprehensive. It is rather just a bird's eye view of what I consider to be the main evolutionary trends, all in one place for easy reference. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
Tell you what though, rather than fight city hall, if any moderators are reading, could you please just kill this whole thread?
Thanks.

I don't see this as a tough crowd at all. Visit some other HD forums and find out about tough crowds. These guy's are simply responding to a thread titled "Touring Twin Cam Engine Genealogy Matrix". The thread title suggests a tracing of lineage and history. It appears to me that holes in the history were merely being filled in. On an HD forum full of folks that live, breathe, and ride HD's, I wouldn't expect anything less. I think the same could be said for any forum of any subject.

I make no guarantees that it is 100% correct or complete, and it should be considered a work in progress.
I would also appreciate any suggested additions or revisions. I can post revised versions as appropriate.

Rod, you asked for additions and revisions and made no guarantees that it was 100% correct or complete.
We just corrected some things that were incorrect to help you with.

No disrespect to your work was intended.

You can type in Google a specific model, it will give you year to year upgrades also

Jack/Jeff/dolt;
Do you guys have any other years available that you could send me?
The only ones I have so far is 2006 that dolt sent me, and 2007 which I found online.
2009, and 2012 and 2015 would be nice to have.
Are they archived on the HD site somewhere?
Thanks,
Rod

Back