free website stats program Touring swingarm holding/collecting water | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring swingarm holding/collecting water

From what I read, it only affects the 09 touring bikes. If you look from the right hand side of the bike, behind the starter, you will see a hole in the swing arm. Looks like maybe 3/16" or so. If I understand correctly, there is a drain hole on the right side but the belt guard is covering it. The "home remedy" seems to be to remove the belt guard, locate the drain hole and drill a corresponding drain hole in the guard. I would guess that if the MOCO does address the problem, this will most likely be their fix.

I love my "American Legend". It's funny how we get caught up in all of the problem or negative posts and tend to forget all of the posts about what great bikes we all have. It makes you feel better if you look back through the "happy stories" once in a while.

Ride safe and enjoy.

I'm reading "happy stories" !

Love my bike, would not trade it for the world. There is not much made today that does not have a problem or two. That is why these forums are great so we can address them. Thanks for the heads up on the water issue.

Thanks for the info... I googled it for more information but didn't see anything. Regaurdless I"ll check it tomorrow.

I had the same problem on my 98 Honda till I cleared out the hole under the swing arm.

Never had this problem with the HD, but then it alergic to water so I make sure it never gets close to any.

If you own a 09 Touring Bike you should call the HD Customer Relations (414) 343-4056...have your bike VIN # ready. This will document to HD the problem...next talk with your dealer and let them know what's going on. The dealer can call HD and get authorization and compensation to fix the problem. We must all call...HD will have to put out a service bulletin because this is a real safety issue that they cannot ignore. Let's stand together on this and let HD fix the problem. I could probably fix this myself but down the road I don't need someone telling me it wasn't done right and I responsible!!

I also have a problem working on a $20,000 bike that is under warranty.

Strength in numbers...make the call

okay. i'll post here, too. have been following the thread on "another site."
i'm about to pull the trigger on an '09 RKC.
is this something i can insist the dealer fix before i make the purchase ... or have their labor on it be part of the deal??
not sure how to handle that.
this seems like a mighty serious issue that could be disasterous ... even deadly ... down the road. and like powderhorn says: i've got a problem spending over 20K on a bike then having to "fix" it myself to make it safe.

mrkihn

Do a search for the following "09 touring swingarms hold water" and you will see another hd forum.(I hope this is allowable):s Go to the touring section and it will be there. If you can't find it pm me and I'll send you the link.

As I posted this as info to 09 touring owners, and not as an ad for another hd forum, the removal of the link should have been replaced with some info to the members here, or even a request to me for more info. Just my 2 cents. Now back to my vacation. :D

Have a good day

I did find some info on it on the other 's forums, I haven't really seen it on mine yet but I haven't got caught in the rain yet ( sure I will thought)
Haven't seen any pics of where it coming out .

I will attempt to attach a copy of the Tech. Bulletin: It basically indicates to drill a drain hole in the debris guard (belt guard) as many members have done.

Attachments

• swing arm water TT413.pdf
    176 KB · Views: 166
Back