free website stats program Touring seats | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring seats

Merlynn, I am now looking at a new Mustang seat, either the One piece sport touring seat (75486) or the Plain Smooth Touring seat (75464) Although there are many different options, I'd be interested to know what one you opted for on your Road King?

Don't recall those part numbers but I got mine from J@P Cycles in Daytona. Page 125 of their catalog, it's 801-213 one piece vintage style w/black studs. Ridden a couple of hundred miles since last post and absolutely love this seat. Girlfriend is major happy with her back seat!

Cheers!

Merlynn, I am now looking at a new Mustang seat, either the One piece sport touring seat (75486) or the Plain Smooth Touring seat (75464) Although there are many different options, I'd be interested to know what one you opted for on your Road King?

Still had the box in the garage. Model 75577 Hope this helps!

I have both the Sundowner and a Mustang solo for my SG, they are both great. Very comfortable.
I had a Corbin solo that lasted about 2 weeks, sold it!

OK Guys, I Went for the Mustang Plain Smooth Touring Seat (P/No. 75464) from M&M Cycles. Going to Italy in May, 1500-miles in 3-days which should be a good test. Will let you know how it goes if anyone interested.

New seat arrived today, Mustang Part Number 75464. Easy enough to fit just required a little more assistance than I thought. Haven't taken her out yet but appears to be very comfortable with just a quick run up and down the road outside. I would say that it has lifted me almost 2" higher, would be nicer a bit lower however, not too bad at all.
Mustang Seat 007.jpg

Mustang Seat 003.jpg

Mustang Seat 006.jpg

Yeah, it's rather on the large side. I went for this deliberatley as the intention is to make sure the wife really enjoys her trips out which really helps with the budget. Had to spend a further $120.00 on taxes and charges for importing into the UK. But worth every penny (me thinks) Just need to focus on fitting the luggage locks and should be "good to go" for Italy.

Be sure to take pics and post them here for us.

I thought it may have been the camera angle until I noticed the overhang over the fender. It should be a comfy seat for your wife.

It is a big seat Glider, pic's were taken with my Nokia mobile phone so probably not the best photo's possible. I'll take my camera with me to Italy and will try to get some pictures of the trip through France in but the intention is to cover as much miles as possible so hope you like pictures of gas stations.:D

Back