free website stats program Touring seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring seat

I used it a couple of weeks back on my FLHTK with a stock seat...Did a 2300 mile trip in 4 days half of that on the final day to get the iron butt...It worked great for me, only problem was that I had to readjust everything (back rest, foot pegs, mirrors etc.) because you do sit up a little higher and then readjust when I got back home and took it off...

I have a Airhawk seat pad that I got 4 year ago and I used it twice now it just sits in storage. I have not tried the new Airhawk R that you are checking into so it may be better. The Airhawk seat pad that I have raised me up and made me feel more tippy on the bike, by this I mean that the seat was not stable and you felt movement where you are use to stability so when you were leaning in a curve you felt your seat moving and I didn't like that. Also it didn't seem to help in my comfort because I felt pinching in some locations of my rear end. But it is like everything what works for me may not work for you, I am sure there are some riders that like the Airhawk system it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Back