Touring seat for low rider

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by rrenno, Mar 29, 2013.

1. rrenno

rrenno Member

Could someone tell me what would be the most comfortable seat for long rides. I have a stock seat and I will be takeing a trip on the blue ridge parkway this summer so I thought I should have a good touring seat.It's for on a 09 dyna low rider. Thanks Roger

2. blldzr

blldzr Member

Roger,

Had a 1989 Softtail Custom that I put a Corbin seat on it was comfortable and we put a lot of miles on the bike. For what that is worth JMO.

3. SilverFoXD

SilverFoXD Active Member Contributor

Harley's Sundowner is hard to beat. Have one on my '07 Super Glide for most of 60k miles and have no complaints. That includes the Blue Ridge Parkway and the miles to and from Arizona.

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Mustang for my money hands down:D

5. rrenno

rrenno Member

Thanks,harley shop let me test drive a demo sundowner on it but just is not a long enough ride to decide if it is for me.

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Mean City Cycles - Custom Seat Modifications Check here to have your seat customized :D

7. glazier

glazier Junior Member

I've got a stock seat from a 2000 Heritage softail I'll sell cheap. Still looks brand new. Has the chrome spots on it. Very comfortable. Don't think it will fit your bike, but you can modify it (or use super glue). PM me if interested.

8. 90FXRS

90FXRS Junior Member Contributor

This always seems to be a "loaded" question. Everyone is different so what is comfortable to one is not to another. I had a Mustang on the Lowrider, was fairly comfortable but seemed to lack support on longer trips. My Fatboy has a Corbin. I love the Corbin. Some people say they're too hard. One thing to keep in mind when you're looking at seat, your butt goes on it not your hands. I say this as people will walk up to my bike and put their hand on the seat and push on it. This is often followed by, "THAT'S TOO HARD!!!!".

9. Sunnysideup

Sunnysideup Junior Member

I've had a Harley Sundowner Solo seat for a little over a year now. Not the most sexy seat by a long shot but better than stock and easily found in like new condition used. Good thigh support. Considering a mustang for a backup 2 up.

10. 89stroker

89stroker Active Member

Have a sundowner deep bucket seat part #51540-06 that I had on my 08 FXDWG very briefly before I sold the bike. It is great for touring on a Dyna and will fit your bike. Will sell cheap, PM me if interested.