free website stats program Touring on a Fatboy | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring on a Fatboy

I tour on a 08 Fatboy. I use a detachable luggage rack, a day pack, and a "Biker's Friend" for my gear. You definately need to get a comfortable seat.

I don't have any friends with a real touring bike so I have to carry all my own stuff Gypsy fashion! :) LOL

I have rode a few long rides on the fatboy i have a 98 only thing i miss since i have it and the RKC is cruise control other than that and the slightly smaller tank which dont matter if your riding with someone who has a smaller or same size tank as you i dont see any reason you cant tour on it .. now if it was 2 up i would probley pass

I have rode a few long rides on the fatboy i have a 98 only thing i miss since i have it and the RKC is cruise control other than that and the slightly smaller tank which dont matter if your riding with someone who has a smaller or same size tank as you i dont see any reason you cant tour on it .. now if it was 2 up i would probley pass

We've been on group rides as long as 450+ miles, It's the Mustang seat and the 1 1/4 turn adjustment on the shocks that make it possible.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Attachments

• 4816332723_91ba299c55 (Medium).jpg
    4816332723_91ba299c55 (Medium).jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 38
I think w/the right seat & backrest - any bike can be used for touring. You might have to take a few more breaks to stretch, but it's doable so load 'er up & go.

imo- touring is as much a matter of frame of mind as equipment.

... buy good stuff once.

.. get some storage, good leathers, and add a day or two for weather into your plans.

...leave early when can, lay up before dark, hole up when u have to.

i one time had a drink with a guy from fort smith arkansas in a car wash in eagle nest nm. while we were waiting out a shower his old ironhead sporty was dripping from the carb, there were wires hanging from somewhere and he had a borden milk crate fastened to the forks. he was on a ride to the mesa verde. there was a beauty in the simplicity of his ride. i got the message ..

Got a 98 Fatboy with a Mustang seat and bags, yep you can go tour all ya want. I have been all over the place on mine. A windshield, a good seat and a luggage rack are all you need.

Hi Guys
We have been touring france,Italy and Switzerland over the last 5 years on our fatboy.We have detactable hard bags from BB Reproductions and a Harley touring bag on a detactable rack.Wouldnt change it for anything.
Gary/Suzie

All of this is good to hear. I just bought a '97 Fatboy (my first Harley) and want to do some long trips on her.

I just rode my '05 from WA state to Costa Mesa, CA, about 1400 miles. I have saddle bags and a kuryakyn ultra tour bag and a 'beadrider' on my seat. I returned Monday and rode 901 miles from Costa Mesa to Eugene, OR in 15 hours and 15 minutes. I was very comfortable.

Back