free website stats program Touring Mufflers...? | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring Mufflers...?

thessel

All, just decided to take a quick poll and ask for some of your opinions on new slipons/mufflers for my 1997 Road King. As a winter project I am adding Stage 1 kit and new mufflers. Have SE on there now, not happy with them at all. I have been a Samson fan and use their pipes on my 03 Deuce. Just curious on some thoughts for my touring. Was looking at some of the Silver Bullets from Samson or Oval or Basic Slipons from V&H. Thanks for helping out.

I put a set of rush slip ons on my 07 RK classic, they have interchangable baffles ranging from 150 to 250 the 250 is the loudest , or you can run them with out baffles. I put a 175 baffle on the the left and a 225 on the right for performance. I wanted down turn tips which rush didn't carry, but SE tips fit on them with no mods, The chrome is high quality, they look and sound great, and I can tune them for perfromance and sound at will. They are about the same in price as SE,

All, just decided to take a quick poll and ask for some of your opinions on new slipons/mufflers for my 1997 Road King. As a winter project I am adding Stage 1 kit and new mufflers. Have SE on there now, not happy with them at all. I have been a Samson fan and use their pipes on my 03 Deuce. Just curious on some thoughts for my touring. Was looking at some of the Silver Bullets from Samson or Oval or Basic Slipons from V&H. Thanks for helping out.

Take a stroll thru the forum here and you will find all kind of responses about muffs./slip-ons. There are a few vids. also with different scoots and exhausts.

I have a 04 Road Glide with 22K miles on V&H ovals and I have been very happy with the sound level and the performance. I also went with the power commander and that has also worked very well.

I ran V&H Ovals on my 05 FLHRCI along with V&H dresser Duals, got all from Easternperformance .com also got rid of the PC and put in a V&H Fualpak. all plug and play ez to do. Sounded great.
You don't even want to know the exhaust Mods im doing to my 09 SERG. 32k and cutting it up

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replys. I did check out the V&H ovals, I do like them. Heard them on a bike in service at a local dealer. Thinking that is what I am going with.

Thanks for all the replys. I did check out the V&H ovals, I do like them. Heard them on a bike in service at a local dealer. Thinking that is what I am going with.

Put the V&H tapered slash-cuts on my U.C. -- I like them so far - when you twist the throttle you get a rumble but they are not to loud. But I was not looking for something BLAM-BLAM-RAAA-RAAA-VAROOOOMM going down main street at 20 mph.

I use the Rush Slipons with a K&N filter and I love it. The thing about a touring bike....well for me is the rush's are loud enough but not too loud to where you can't hear the wife on the head set.

Back