free website stats program Touring Models Highway Pegs | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring Models Highway Pegs

tonyb2760

Does anyone have the Kuryakan Longhorn Dually highway pegs on an Ultra Classic with lowers? If so did they mount ok? And do they clear the lowers without any problems? I am wanting to install some but want to make sure they will work ok before I place an order. Thanks for any response.

I did the long arm harley pegs on an 04 and on an 08 ultras. On the 08 they actually seem to hug the lowers a little better. The Kuryakyn arms look similar but I would be curious about the clamp for the tube. I have used other Kuryakyn stuff and have always been happy.

Yes, the little ear on the clamp in particular. The harley clamps are bulkier in overall but really lay in very well. Mine are wraped in pretty tight. With the pegs up I only have about 1/4 inch between the pegs and the lowers.

Does anyone have the Kuryakan Longhorn Dually highway pegs on an Ultra Classic with lowers? If so did they mount ok? And do they clear the lowers without any problems? I am wanting to install some but want to make sure they will work ok before I place an order. Thanks for any response.

I used one of the different highway mounts and pegs from Kuryakyn. Here is the link to that info:

Kryakyn - Harley - Tour-Techâ„¢ Cruise Mounts

I used the long mounts with the ISO wings as shown on their site (#4528)

They work with the lowers on as you can see below.

TQ

Attachments

• Kuryakyn Highway Pegs on bike-left.jpg
    Kuryakyn Highway Pegs on bike-left.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 255
  • Kuryakyn Highway Pegs on bike-right.jpg
    Kuryakyn Highway Pegs on bike-right.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 229
  • Kuryakyn Highway Pegs 1.jpg
    Kuryakyn Highway Pegs 1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 271
  • Kuryakyn Highway Pegs 2.jpg
    Kuryakyn Highway Pegs 2.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 169
Who'se mount is that?

The first two pics. are on my bike, and the other shots are from the Kuryakyn site. tonyb2760 was asking for input on some specific mounts and pegs from Kuryakyn. I have used the ones listed and so could give him feedback based on my own experience. The ones I showed work well on my bike. The ISO-wings fold up to allow tight parking when necessary.

TQ

The ones you had pictured looked a lot like the Harley mounts. The ones Tonyb2760 queried on had more of the classic P clip look to them. Nice setup on the bike though. How do you like the ISO wings? Are they comfortable?

The ones you had pictured looked a lot like the Harley mounts. The ones Tonyb2760 queried on had more of the classic P clip look to them. Nice setup on the bike though. How do you like the ISO wings? Are they comfortable?

I do like them. Most of the time back and forth to work (20 miles), I rest my heals on the floorboards and but my boot toes on the peg. On longer trips especially in the hotter months, I will put my boots fully on the pegs. Very comfortable. Note - I take my lowers off during the Spring-Fall period here in the Houston area.

TQ

I do like them. Most of the time back and forth to work (20 miles), I rest my heals on the floorboards and but my boot toes on the peg. On longer trips especially in the hotter months, I will put my boots fully on the pegs. Very comfortable. Note - I take my lowers off during the Spring-Fall period here in the Houston area.

TQ

Thanks, lowers off makes a lot of sense down there. Went through Houston on the way to Galveston last summer. Guess it looks a bit different now. i am going to get a set of those and try them out.

Back