free website stats program Touring Locking gas cap | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring Locking gas cap

Bluesugar

Hello to all; Since we are in these times of petrol alarm(price/quality/availability/theft),can anyone recommend a locking gas cap for the FLHRI Roadking tanks that work well for intended purpose.Mine is an '04.

Harley part number 62803-97, check your fitment.

Fitment
HD Part No. 62803-97 Fits 92-Later XL and DYNA, FXD, 94-Later FLHR, 92-94 FXLR, 92 FXRS

i1279_95772.JPG

I bet they make one some were.
I would like to get rid of my locking cover on the 07 tired of getting key out and if you just take off for a quick ride and forget the key your will be looking for another Hd rider to borrow his key.
Any key HD will open gas cover

You can get a push button lock for the RG that will lock, but can be opened just by pushing the button. So you don't need the key if you want to leave it unlocked. It's about 22 bucks at the dealers...I don't have the part number handy. You just slip out the old lock and put this one in. Like the old one, it opens with any barrel key.

I bet they make one some were.
I would like to get rid of my locking cover on the 07 tired of getting key out and if you just take off for a quick ride and forget the key your will be looking for another Hd rider to borrow his key.
Any key HD will open gas cover

I still cant figure out why any reasonable person would design a lock for anything that 5 million people have a key?

Hey Glider, thanks for the info and pic! I took the part # you posted and crossed ref my catalog and found it. It was listed under "Fuel Cap". I was looking for a "gas" cap and found nothing. You gotta talk the talk!!-Also, it list for $42.--ouch! I can't make out in your pic if the sticker price says $28 or $38. You want to sell that one to me for $28? LoL-Thanks again

Don't want my gas going to anyone who doesn't have a HD key. Only low life cagers steal gas anyway.

Hey Glider, thanks for the info and pic! I took the part # you posted and crossed ref my catalog and found it. It was listed under "Fuel Cap". I was looking for a "gas" cap and found nothing. You gotta talk the talk!!-Also, it list for $42.--ouch! I can't make out in your pic if the sticker price says $28 or $38. You want to sell that one to me for $28? LoL-Thanks again

It's not mine to sell, just using the pic. The price marked is $38.95

If you use ebay, check this out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harl...6782798QQsspagenameZRSSQ3aBQ3aSRCHQ3aUSQ3a101

Back