free website stats program Touring Link needed ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring Link needed ?

Turk55

What everyone think about the new Progressive touring link stabilizer for 09 up bikes, is it worth the $$$. I though Harley fixed the problem with stabilizing starting in 09 with the new frame.:newsmile07:

They were supposed too fix the problem but I have a 08 so I don't know if there is still a stabilizing problem on the 09 and later models. I have the Progressive touring link on my 08 and it works great and the price is right as well. If you think you have a stabilizing problem then I would say you should try one.

I have a 2010 FLHTK and I have not had any problems, and I ride pretty aggressively. It's a much more stable ride than my 2000 Road King was. I definately had wobble issues with that bike. I would say that a good approach and exit out of turns and no need for a stabilizer. Keep your eyes at the horizon, look where you want to go and apex your turn at higher speeds and you're good to go......just my opinion of course.

I have a '10 and have absoluletly no wobble issues. If your 09 is wobbling I would be checking for loose swingarm pivots, then I would be checking for loose steering head bearings. JMO

Back