Touring Link needed ?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Turk55, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Turk55

Turk55 Active Member

What everyone think about the new Progressive touring link stabilizer for 09 up bikes, is it worth the $$$. I though Harley fixed the problem with stabilizing starting in 09 with the new frame.:newsmile07:

2. ironmark

ironmark Junior Member

They were supposed too fix the problem but I have a 08 so I don't know if there is still a stabilizing problem on the 09 and later models. I have the Progressive touring link on my 08 and it works great and the price is right as well. If you think you have a stabilizing problem then I would say you should try one.

3. artfuentes

artfuentes Active Member

I have a 2010 FLHTK and I have not had any problems, and I ride pretty aggressively. It's a much more stable ride than my 2000 Road King was. I definately had wobble issues with that bike. I would say that a good approach and exit out of turns and no need for a stabilizer. Keep your eyes at the horizon, look where you want to go and apex your turn at higher speeds and you're good to go......just my opinion of course.

4. gusotto

gusotto Junior Member

Never had a problem with my '07 Ultra.

5. brownfoxx1

brownfoxx1 Active Member

even the tri glides have a stabalizer.

6. 89stroker

89stroker Active Member

I have a '10 and have absoluletly no wobble issues. If your 09 is wobbling I would be checking for loose swingarm pivots, then I would be checking for loose steering head bearings. JMO

7. Turk55

Turk55 Active Member

Thanks for all the info.