free website stats program Touring Fairing | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring Fairing

Klaus

I just found the support of my fairing broken (street glide), also the suport of the speakers in broken.

any idea?

thx

Last edited:
Replaced mine 1 time 2nd time i welded & strengthened not broke since..ps. your not alone....

I just found the support of my fairing broken (street glide), also the suport of the speakers in broken.

any idea?

thx

How many miles on your bike?
Are the roads in your area very rough, or is this just a result of vibration?

Harley came out with some new versions of the support since 08 so you might want to look into those. Welding them up yourself will work just as well. As was said, this seems to be a bit too common but I'm not sure how the new ones are doing.

The dealer has new brackets, I have a handful of friends that had same issue and they were replaced for free:44:

The dealer has new brackets, I have a handful of friends that had same issue and they were replaced for free:44:

Definitely check w/your dealer & see if they will possibly fix (free or discount). Always worth a try & this could help all SG owners in the future if it's enough of a problem to cause a service recall.

Also, gotta stop taking the touring bike over those motocross jumps...:s

Cheers!

Ice, good deal, but whats the fun in not take'n a touring bike through some dips-jumps-n-whoops now and then...of course you could get a Sportster, the original MOCO dirt bike! :bigsmiley25:

But do look into an HD "new and improved" version...can't hurt!

Back