free website stats program Touring exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring exhaust

Irish Hog

Well yet another exhaust thread, but I am looking into new exhaust. I am looking at the True duels vs slip ons. What are the benefits of true duels?

I have a few that I am looking at, I really like the Samson oval slip ons, I also like a set of Reinhart's and Vance and Hines has a set of monster ovals and rounds and Big shots that look good. So to the touring guys, got any opinions on exhaust for a Road King and what do you have on your bike.

i have the Vance and Hines full set up - consisting of Power Dual Headers and Monster Ovals - loverly Deep rumble on cruise mode and bark when you jump on the throttle
I like the Monster Ovals are they only available in the full set?

I have the stock pipes but with Supertrapp SE slip-ons. They suit me fine as I wasn't lookin' to wake up the neighbours.
A buddy at work just picked up an '06 EG and put on true duals w/Reinharts. Sounds really sweet.

I have the stock pipes but with Supertrapp SE slip-ons. They suit me fine as I wasn't lookin' to wake up the neighbours.
A buddy at work just picked up an '06 EG and put on true duals w/Reinharts. Sounds really sweet.
I am not looking for super loud myself. I like a deep tone, but I also like performance. On my previous Dyna I switched up from V&H short shots to long shots and the long shots had a much deeper tone, yet they were somewhat quieter than the shorties..

Like oldhippie, I have stock headers and Supertrapp SE slip-ons. I've been very happy with them. They do seem to get a little louder as the miles mount up (18,000 miles), but still don't wake the neighbors :)

I just finished installing the Monster Ovals on the stock headers, along with the V&H Fuelpak and am very pleased with the result. Nice deep tone but not overbearing at all.

I just finished installing the Monster Ovals on the stock headers, along with the V&H Fuelpak and am very pleased with the result. Nice deep tone but not overbearing at all.
I am curious what did you pay?? Did the fuel pack come already mapped?

I put new exhaust on my 09 Suzuki LTZ400 fuel injected quad with the Power Commander 5 and it ran like junk with the factory mapping. I took it in last week to get remapped and it is running tip top now.

I am curious what did you pay?? Did the fuel pack come already mapped?

I ordered mine through Dennis Kirk DennisKirk.com - Motorcycle, Harley-Davidson, ATV, Dirt Bike, Snowmobile, PWC / Watercraft Parts, Apparel, and Accessories. I paid $600 for the slip ons and $220 for the Fuelpak. The Fuekpak does not come pre-mapped but it is very easy to program with the values that are included with the unit or from their website ::: FUELPAKFI.COM - YOU WANT FUEL MANAGEMENT. YOU NEED FUELPAK. :::. Check out their website to judge for yourself.

The one downfall of the fuelpak is that if you do any internal mods to your ride, they may or may not have a map for your particular set up. I can't forsee me doing anything internally and am quite happy with the results.

Hope that helps.

I ordered mine through Dennis Kirk DennisKirk.com - Motorcycle, Harley-Davidson, ATV, Dirt Bike, Snowmobile, PWC / Watercraft Parts, Apparel, and Accessories. I paid $600 for the slip ons and $220 for the Fuelpak. The Fuekpak does not come pre-mapped but it is very easy to program with the values that are included with the unit or from their website ::: FUELPAKFI.COM - YOU WANT FUEL MANAGEMENT. YOU NEED FUELPAK. :::. Check out their website to judge for yourself.

The one downfall of the fuelpak is that if you do any internal mods to your ride, they may or may not have a map for your particular set up. I can't forsee me doing anything internally and am quite happy with the results.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the post. I like V&H pipes, I think I am going with the monster ovals to. V&H is all I have ever bought. I tried to get a V&H slip on for the the Quad, but they did not fit my model, they make them for the motocross bikes. Like I said my only experience with the FI mapping is with the quad and I have the power commander 5 on that, you have to have adjusted with a computer. I watched a video on the fuelpak and you adjust it by hand,, I like it!!

The tfi is even better as you don't have to rely on the generic numbers supplied by V&H
WAP.gif

I agree, much easier to work with.

Back