free website stats program Toured York PA today | Harley Davidson Forums

Toured York PA today

Irish Hog

Well we took a trip up to Harrisburg to see some family for a couple of days and woke up early this morning and snuck out to do a tour down in York, since it was only a 1/2 hour away. If your not familiar with York operations, they build the soft tails and touring bikes. I was a little disappointed that the factory did away with the museum, I went about ten years ago a did the museum, but was unable to do a factory tour, but apparently they shipped all the old bikes up to Milwaukee for the new museum, but that is cool, just gives me a reason to head to Milwaukee and check out the new museum..

Well to the bikes, saw some great bikes coming down the line. I feel in love with the 09 CVO Screamin Eagle Road Glide in yellow, not a fan of yellow, but it was a gold/yellow metallic flake with the 110 CU and lots of chrome, man was it sharp, you really have to see this bike in person, it is just incredible. I also saw the 09 Road King in the special 09 color of light candy root beer and I have to tell you it was sharp, it is a great color and it looks real good on the King, it is not in production yet, but if you want it you have to order it in 09. I also saw the Black ice/Blue ice "Lizard" combo, it was nice, it looked blue, but then purple and so on, just not for me. There is also another special color, but has not been released yet, have to wait and see..

It was a nice day, if you have never been, should make a trip of it, pretty neat to see how your bike was made and it is free, except for all the goodies you get in the gift shop.

09 Road glide pic
2009 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide Motorcycle - Picture of the 2009 Harley CVO Road Glide

York is a couples of hour away from where I live, passed by so many times but haven't visited the factory once yet. We were planned to do a tour on last summer but was cancelled due to weather/scheduled work/...... .

That's a nice gold/yellow color, the more I look at those touring bikes, the more I wanna trade mine in for one.

We took a ride north last July and took the York plant tour as we were leaving Lancaster Pa. I was very impressed to see how the bikes are made and enjoyed the walk through factory tour. It was awesome to watch as the fenders are stamped out of one piece of metal and the holes are laser cut during the process. Left feeling very proud that my FatBoy had a very good birth experience at the York Harley factory. :worthy

It was awesome to watch as the fenders are stamped out of one piece of metal and the holes are laser cut during the process.
Not to mention the same for the gas tanks. It was cool to see the sheet metal turn into a gas tank in just one press..I belive the tour guide said that the tanks went from five to six gallons... Neat stuff all around the place. I also thought it was cool watching the robot arm polishing the front forks.

We toured the York facility back in August. The five of us came home with a new appreciation for the quality of the machines produced there, and especially the dedication to quality of the employees who work there. They might appreciate knowing that by touring their plant it turned an '02 GoldWing into an '08 Anniversary model Ultra Classic! Talk about magic!

but apparently they shipped all the old bikes up to Milwaukee for the new museum, but that is cool, just gives me a reason to head to Milwaukee and check out the new museum..
The new museum in Milwaukee is incredible!! It's really amazing to see not only where Harley started and how far it's come, but how much of a part it's played throughout history. I was shocked at how much stuff they saved and collected...WW1 crates and old flyers and such. Definitely worth it!! I hope I can make it up to the York plant next year.

Back