free website stats program Toured The Harley Plant today | Harley Davidson Forums

Toured The Harley Plant today

mattmuir

Wow went through the plant in York Pa today. Any questions you want answered? As Charlie Sheen would say it was full of win.:D

What lines do they build there ? I toured the KC MO. plant last month, they build the sportster, v-rod & dyna's there. I would like to tour the touring models plant.

I think I made one of the last tours of the touring bike line at the York Plant. When I was there in April, they were getting ready to shift the tours to the new softail plant.

Attachments

• IMG00059-20110429-1032.jpg
    IMG00059-20110429-1032.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 29
They make softails, touring, and CVO's all on the same line at the same time.
Just did the tour last Friday

Funny, one of the guides said they build the bikes that make them money. Trikes and cruisers and all cools stuff that goes with them. Just the sight of rows and rows of tanks was very cool to see. I had a friend that used to do the dyno test where they drove the bikes on drums and went throught the gears. If you were not careful you could drop them. Now these robot stands drive them through the staitions and they end up in a tower clamped down to test. The lines in the floor that these small stands travel impressed me much. The tanks and fendors that did not pass inspection looked very good to me. The QC at this place did look very intense.

Did you happen to see the line with the xl sweatshirts on them?Starting to get cold up here in WI.so will be needing some new gear.bhahaha:tounge

Back