free website stats program Tour Pak Spoiler Install | Harley Davidson Forums

Tour Pak Spoiler Install

Looking for some guidence. I installed the tour pak spoiler, but where do I hook up the wires. The instructions say to run the wires thru the groment hole, along the seat rails and into the DEUTSCH Connector. This connector is operated by the accessory switch on the dash (which already has floor board lighting hooked up to it). The spoiler lights should be constant on/brake on. If it's hooked up to this Deutsch connecter would'nt it only work if I have the switch on?? There is an extra electrical plug in the left front corner of the tour pak, is this where I should plug the spoiler LED lights to, contrary to the instructions from HD. If any one has installed this spoiler, please advise. Thanks.

You mean like this? :D

You should find an open one in there if the socket isn't being used by an extra installation.

Taillightsockets.png

I put the air wing luggage rack on mine, with the led light. It came with a Y pigtail that pluged into the tour pack harness. All you had to do was attach the male part of a plug to the wires after you fished them through. Every thing I needed came with the light.
I know its not the same part, but I would have thought they wire in the same. Also, mine is an Ultra so it already has lights in the tour pack. You probably wont have this on a Classic.

I installed the saddlebag lid spoiler kit , it came with everyting needed to do the install it was very simple ,I would assume that it should be the same kit intergrated auxiliray LED running/brake lite kit , If I remember it just plugs in to a plug located between the battery and frame ,just had to take the cap off and plug it in.But I think there was somthing else to do if you had a pre 1994 model. I dont know what year bike you have but if its pre 94 you will need to do somthing more

I also put the AirWing luggage rack on mine and it came with the Y connector that plugged in under the liner. I will go look in the barn and see if I still have the papperwork.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Back