free website stats program Tour-Pak running lights as turn signals? | Harley Davidson Forums

Tour-Pak running lights as turn signals?

BigMike57

I need some input on an idea that I have. Can I use the stock LED's on my 08 Ultra-glide Tour-Pack as supplemental turn signals? Would I need a load equalizer? Will the TSSM have a fit? I figure I will have to do some wiring but I can handle that.

I believe you only need load equalizers if you remove the standard bulbs from the circut. Adding leds' doesn't affect anything. Very low apperage draw from the leds' is hardly noticable.

An equalizer load should only be needed if you are replacing a tungsten filament lamp with an LED. As long as it's not some crazy multiple Hi wattage led array set up, you should be able to parallel a LED on top of a tungsten without any problems.

Yeah, I don't think there would be any problems, I just wanted to get my question out there to see what everyone thought about the idea. I still would want the running light feature of the LED's, maybe if I got the setup for making the directions run as running lights and then piggy backed the LEd's to them that would work. I just wonder why I havent seen this before?

Back