free website stats program Tour Pak Rack | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tour Pak Rack

That darn air wing came out shortly after I installed mine, thinking of tapping on a couple of flash lights on it now:laugh. Easy to install, just follow the instructions and use the templet, set the rack on the top and check for centering, have a good look from each side and from the back, adjust as needed, hardest part is drilling the first hole. I have loaded mine up and have had no problem. Great place to put on a day bag, leathers, or what ever.

You can say that again. I did put that airwing with lights on mine. My wife was watching me as I was nervously setting the drill on the mark, and said "You drill holes in a 100 million dollar airplane everyday, what's the problem?" I laughed and told her " I don't have to pay $$ for a misdrilled hole! " But after that first hole it was easy.

What about weight? How much weight (luggage) can be put on it? I too am going to put a rack on mine. We're planning on taking a 10 day 2-up ride this summer and I would like to know views on what kind of luggage or pack can be put on the tour pak.

Thanks!!

Not sure how much weight, but we took a 10 day 2-up last summer to the black hills, with a bag on it fully loaded with no problems. We have the Expandable Luggage Rack Duffel Bag. Worked out great, just expanded it with our "souvneir's". JMO...
Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

I loaded mine up like this and traveled 16,000 miles last year. Total weight was between 15 and 20 pounds for everything you see in the picture. This is the premium rack.

2009_09_12_0365.JPG

I have the air wing rack. The led lights are bright. I think the tour pack would look like it was missing something without it.

No doubt about it that Air Wing is very nice, but at $230 for a rack it should be.With all I've been spending I may go for the $116 one unless I can find a used one. :p
Sometime 2nd best has to do.

Thanks for the input.:s

As far as the led's flashing..not if you are going to plug into the connector in the tour pack. They are just for the light and brake. I would not want them to flash anyway as it might distract the person behind me. As far as carrrying things ..well I strap most of my hunting stuff on the thing and the only problem I had is the darn bow case works like a wing and at highway speed my scoot want's to actually fly. Look at retired Jake, we can attest to his trip as he took all of us along as much as he could. Still jealious but maybe someday it will be me.

I'm in the process adding one to my 08 Street Glide, having a blast finding all the brackets, mounts, harness and etc... to install the darn thing.

You just have to have a rack. Where else can I put my Alf stuffed animal that my wife is horrified by. :laugh

The Air Wing light works as an additional running light, and does increase in intensity when the brake is applied(it does not flash). Adds a little more attention getter to the back. For a little more of a light up to the Tour Pac, check out the Custom Dynamics Knight Riderz light bar (it flashes before going solid). I have both on my 2006 SG TP.

My local HD store was having a sale. 20% off if you spend more the $200.

So I got the Air Wing with red light and then went a little overboard.

Got the detachable tour-pak hardware and wiring. Love the Street Glide look!!

But my birthday is tomorrow (SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!!) so my wife didn't give me too hard of time about it! :p

Back