Tour Pak for FLSTC

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by 2manycats, Jun 3, 2011.

1. 2manycats

2manycats Member

Hi all,
    I was thinking about putting a trunk on my 2010 FLSTC, and about had kittens when I saw the $$$$ that Harley wants for their stuff. With the rack, side plates, docking kit, I'd be poorer to the tune of about $300-without even buying the trunk yet-$600 up.
    Has anyone tried Khrome Werks (#830-872) luggage rack for a Softail? It just mounts on the rear seat bolt and the license holder. Seems like a not-too-bad deal since it costs about $100, and a DB trunk can be had for about $150.
    Anyone had any experience with this stuff? Good? Junk? Or maybe you have experience with another set-up that worked for you.
    I've been kicking this around for a couple months on and off, and now I just have info overload.

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I ran through the same thought process before adding a detachable tour pack to my Street Glide. Saw many packs on Ebay for under a third of the cost of the HD set up. Let me say this - the HD stuff looks great, fits perfect, and was well worth the $1100 I spent, including the docking hardware and the top luggage rack. Once installed, the HD accessories look like an original part of the bike, not a cheap add on. Also probably get more back at resale time going with actual HD parts.

3. flstcdorr

flstcdorr Member

Mine's a 2008 FLSTC, and I added only a rack to existing sissy bar. No docking kit, so it's not removable, but then no one else is gonna remove it either. Then added a 14 inch bag from Iron Riders Luggage. Not leather but it serves the purpose and I feel it looks just fine. Got around $200 in it total. Just take your time and see what's out there before you buy. And I also thought the matching tour pack was a little pricey and we didn't like the back support it gave the wife. She liked the classic bucket backrest, so that's what we put on it.

4. BikeSAG

BikeSAG Active Member

Try A1hardbags.com