free website stats program Tour pak backrest help | Harley Davidson Forums

Tour pak backrest help

rw1050

So my wife has a back issue and is having a problem with riding on the back of my bike. I have the standard tour pak on my FLHT, the question is does anyone know of a company that can or already makes replacement backrests that I can look at to address her problem? I need it to be higher on the top with a more rigid lower pad. Any help would be great.

I put a Mustang backrest on my '07 Ultra, only because I already had a Mustang seat.
It was before someone could ride as a passenger so I don't know if it was better but my experience with Mustang seats have always been positive.

The arms extend further so that does help the passenger.
I left te stock backrest pad on as the Mustang has a pad. The riders actually have two backrest pads now.

Have you thought about changing her seating position? I installed a George Anderson tour pack relocater which moved the tour pak back (it has up to 3 inches of travel), and also installed Harley's adjustable passenger pegs, which allows my wife to place her feet a bit higher and further out. This combination has reduced her lower back stress considerably. My wife can now ride all day without a complaint. BTW I have a 2010 FLHTK. If it's a lower back issue this may help.

Did you ever resolve your issues? I just stumbled on this old post. I am in the same boat with the wife having back issues. I tried the George Anderson relocation part and got immediate complaints that it felt like her butt was falling in the large gap now that was created between the end of the seat and tour pak, so I moved it back up to just the 1 and 1/2 inch mark. It just seems to be the ride and I've thought of progressive shocks, but they cost quite a bit. This is on a 2010 Ultra Limited.

Thanks for the feed back. Looks like a good product.

I can relate...lower back is hurtin a bit as we speak.

Back