free website stats program tour pack | Harley Davidson Forums

tour pack

hdking

I have taken a tour pack from a 95 ultra and put on my 99 rk. I would like to hook the lights up to the bike. Any help would be appreciated.

I have elect schematic for rk but not with tour pack lighting.

The tour pack has only a three wire connector in the shape of a triangle.

I can take the corresponding connector from the ultra ot mate, but do not know where the three wires are to hook to.

I am assuming with only three wires, that there is no brake light set up. Just the running and turn signals lights.

If you look where the harness goes through the rear fender under the seat, you will find the harness running to the rear of the bike. The orange in that harness is the running lights. The V/BN and black are for the left signal and the other side is the same color I believe.
Now if you have a 12V test light you can operate the signals and probe in the socket to find the turn signal wires for each side. Don't know why they did this.

So the three wires are the brake light wire, the running lights wire and ground, this equals the number going to the plug connector, to the pack.

Do you happen to know the colors of these wires, I know that it would be the wires other then the ones listed above for the turn signals, but just in case there are other wires in there to, it would be nice to know specifally.

And thanks for the help.

I check the bike and thos colors are different from mine, Thanks though I will just double check with the volt meter to make sure I do not make a mistake.

What is the best way to make a good watrer tight and permanent splice in to wires as I am going to have to do.

Is there a product you can direct me to, to buy.

I was thinking of soldering the connection and using a paint on rubberizing solution. The product used to dip, like, plier handles in to, to coat them.

Solder and heat shrink wrap the connections. It's a bit better than the paint on liquids.

You can find it in most auto stores.

If you look around a bit you can find a dual wall shrink tubing. the second layer is an adhesive inside. Seals up really well.

Back