free website stats program tour pack side light bar | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

tour pack side light bar

The mystery continues, if they worked when you tested them on your car battery then you know the bulbs are all good. It's got to be somewhere in the wire loom or plug it'self. What baffles me is you have power when you test at the plug but when you plug it in you have no lites! Got to be a short or not making a good ground somewhere along the line. Lites should come on with the ignition on and stay on until you shut off the bike.
WAP.gif

I am guessing the plugs aren't good but I can't see it for both plugs lol, where can I buy plugs like that ?
Will try to check again later and see where it leads to lol
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I am guessing the plugs aren't good but I can't see it for both plugs lol, where can I buy plugs like that ?
WAP.gif
That I can't help you with, maybe someone else will chime in with the answer. You might have to get that at the dealer and I would assume they sell the whole wire loom.

I think the lights are LEDs. They will be polarity sensitive. Try reversing the 2 leads. I could be wrong though.
tourbox

WAP.gif

WAP.gif

Click on the link in my previous post and see what the part number is for the harness. Then call Harley shop and maybe you can buy just the harness. Or you may be able disengage plugs from connectors install new ones and get power going to where it is supposed to.

If the bulbs are LED you may want to read up on them, you may need to use a load equalizer for them to work properly.
I just read up on the subject "Do I need a load equalizer " and you get about the same response you do when you ask " whats the best oil to use". Some say I needed it when I changed to LED'S and others say theirs work fine without one so who knows! I'm thinking with your issue it's something to think about.

I would think being OEM LED's that the load equalizer is already there or not needed due to no flashing as in turn signals. Just continuous light on for running light. But as Jeff stated, a lot of different responses.
tourbox

I would think being OEM LED's that the load equalizer is already there or not needed due to no flashing as in turn signals. Just continuous light on for running light. But as Jeff stated, a lot of different responses.
tourbox
That makes sense, I just don't understand why you get so many different answers to to the question. :bigsmiley30:

Back