free website stats program tour pack side light bar | Harley Davidson Forums

tour pack side light bar

hi guys, are these side bar light on tour pack works as runing light all the time or when the brake is on, i checked mine and they r not light up at all, . i have a detachable tour pack .
i took one off one side and connected to a my car battery , it work, then checked the wire the plug on tour pack for voltage , and it come out it has a continious 11.98 volt both side. i wired one side straight to avoid if plug are bad and still not working :(. i dont know what to do? thanks in advance,

checking all this cause going for long ride 1100 miles to nashvile, tn . :)

What did you check voltage with and how did you hook it too the bike?

What did you check voltage with and how did you hook it too the bike?
I check the two wire from plug with the voltneter , the two plugs are conected to same wire coming out of the tail light and from there they all going to another plug (3 wires) , couldn't remember the color ( I think blue, black and red), I don't know if it is OEM wires or it is some after market . Hope I explain it right, will take pic of it later
WAP.gif

i dont know , i bought her like that , didnt make any changes

Then you may have found the problem. Looking at the link in previous post it looks like it should have been plug and play for disconnect. The disconnect that you have does it look like the one in the link or homemade?

hi guys, are these side bar light on tour pack works as runing light all the time or when the brake is on, i checked mine and they r not light up at all, . i have a detachable tour pack .
i took one off one side and connected to a my car battery , it work, then checked the wire the plug on tour pack for voltage , and it come out it has a continious 11.98 volt both side. i wired one side straight to avoid if plug are bad and still not working :(. i dont know what to do? thanks in advance,

checking all this cause going for long ride 1100 miles to nashvile, tn . :)
The mystery continues, if they worked when you tested them on your car battery then you know the bulbs are all good. It's got to be somewhere in the wire loom or plug it'self. What baffles me is you have power when you test at the plug but when you plug it in you have no lites! Got to be a short or not making a good ground somewhere along the line. Lites should come on with the ignition on and stay on until you shut off the bike.

Back