free website stats program tour pack rack luggage? | Harley Davidson Forums

tour pack rack luggage?

isisrider

Hey all, I have been looking for some luggage for the top of my premium luggage rack on the back of my tour pack. I have a bag that I like, but I have to attach it with bungee cords(so I can't get into it without unhooking the bungees) and then when it is not full it doesn't stay in place very well. I have been looking at Harley' new bag, which is back ordered everywhere. I have also been looking at the Tbags horseshoe and the new bootcase. Anyone have the new bootcase? I like the looks of the horseshoe, but it is also a soft case so it does not retain its shape when not full. Thanks for your suggestions.

Suggest you take a look at the kuryakin options. There are several suitable looking bags in their latest catalog including a couple that are designed specifically to fit the H-D rack.

Rod

Iron Rider by DOWCO makes a nice bag, no bungees required. We used one on a 1400 mile trip recently with no issues.

mb_a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
whichever you pick be careful how much weight you put in it. The higher off the ground, the less weight to raise the center of gravity to the point it makes it squrrelly!

have same piece of luggage as boolegger. road to jackson hole last summer (2100mi) round trip with no poroblem and is resonable priced.

I have the Saddleman's horseshoe back-seat bag. It doesnt sit on the luggage rack but man does it have a lot of space! Also cost about 1/2 the price of the HD or TBags luggage.
It fits behind my adjustable backrest and when filled, it acts as a huge backrest.

T-Bag makes a nice looking bag called the bootbag. Looks good on the rack and I think it can also be used inside of the tour pack.

whatever you choose, be careful with the way you secure it to the tour pack rack. Just got back from a 1900 mile ride with a soft leather "back pack" type bag secured to my rack with straps that had those hard plastic "push in and click" type buckles. I did not secure all of those straps properly and, during the ride, they rubbed on the paint. I now have several scrub marks under the rack. Discovered it while on the trip. Good thing I don't stress about stuff like this, I'm kinda clumsly and end up scratching things anyway. to me it just adds character to the bike. ride safe.

Back