free website stats program Tour Pack Conversion to Quick Detach | Harley Davidson Forums

Tour Pack Conversion to Quick Detach

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Sorry, haven't had the time to run this by a dealer but I trust you folks more, anyway.

Looking at a used tour pack off a 2004 FLHTC that was not a quick detach mount. Questions:

1)Have the tour packs changed in size any from 2004 to 2008 - in other words will this one fit OK on my 2008 FLHX?
2) Is it pretty straight forward to convert the pack to a quick detach type? I know it's different hardware but are the holes the same or does it require drilling new ones?
3) Will this system use the same mounting points as my quick detach passenger backrest that was put on with the Rider's Essentials package?
4) Obviously I'll have to get the locks redone to use with my current keys. Anyone give me an idea what this costs?

Thanks!

The tourpacks are the same size although they took some wieght off of them by changing plastics in 2007 The quick removale kit is about $300 You use the same mounting holes.I can't answer about your backrest mount,The lock you can order from HD using your VIN# mine cost me $35. Does the tourpack you found have the backrest and flap still attached or did they strip it?

The tourpacks are the same size although they took some wieght off of them by changing plastics in 2007 The quick removale kit is about $300 You use the same mounting holes.I can't answer about your backrest mount,The lock you can order from HD using your VIN# mine cost me $35. Does the tourpack you found have the backrest and flap still attached or did they strip it?

Thanks Steve. I priced the quick disconnect hardware and it's under $200 through Zanotti's. It appears that nothing's been removed from the pack:

eBay Motors: Harley Davidson 2004 FLHTC Tour Pack and Seat (item 230320212716 end time Jan-24-09 15:07:16 PST)

It looks complete. The 04 tourpak has the flap attached to the backrest do yourself a favour and remove it and attach it to the lower box. They can get caught between the lid and box not allowing it to seal and first rain you go through everything gets soaked. HD changed this in late 06

It looks complete. The 04 tourpak has the flap attached to the backrest do yourself a favour and remove it and attach it to the lower box. They can get caught between the lid and box not allowing it to seal and first rain you go through everything gets soaked. HD changed this in late 06

Now how in the world would you know a thing like this? :s

Still not sure I'm going to bid on it since it doesn't sound like it's a 100% color match to my bike. What a dilemma - save some bucks or look all matched up and cool on a long trip with the tour pack on!

Back