Tour Pac For 2009 Street Glide?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by acj2001jones, Jul 17, 2009.

1. acj2001jones

acj2001jones Member

Anyone care to comment or show pictures of their 09' street glide with a removable tour pack installed? I am considering purchasing the removable hardware for the king tour pack or the chopped tour pack. I want to be able to pop it on and off. The girl friend wants a sissy bar, but I hate the way they look on the back of the bike. I would like to have a tour pack for long road trips, but I would like to take it off when not adventuring out overnight. I was contemplating purchasing the tour pack and using it like a sissy bar. Basicly snap it on everytime the girl friend wants to come along. Feasible?

2. 09RGlideKY

09RGlideKY Active Member

I am waiting for my Tour pac to arrive. I am putting it in the solo position and will have a nice backrest.

3. shield

shield Member

09rglideky, I'd like to see some pics with the pac installed in the solo position when you get it installed.

4. Btown Bagger

Btown Bagger Member

If you go to post pictures of of your bagger you can see mine on page 37

5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I added the detachable king tour pack to my Street Glide and I love it. Lots more room for stuff when running errands or going on trips. Much more comfortable for the passenger. Off in less than a minute when the spirit moves you. Expensive but well worth it.

6. acj2001jones

acj2001jones Member

Btown very nice! You did a great job showing the different options. How did the tour pac work with the stock seat? Thanks,

7. Gezzer Glide

Gezzer Glide Active Member Contributor

I am not fond of Tour Paks but they sure are nice for a long trip. This is a foward mounted Harley Chopped Tour Pak....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Member

I have the King Tour Pack on my 2007 Street Glide with the quick removal docking hardware. I love it and use it when ever I travel, or need storage. Joe.

Here are some photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2010
  9. Btown Bagger

Btown Bagger Member

Never used it with stock seat, always with Sundowner. Only use tour pak when wife rides along so far, have not taken trip by my self

10. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Member

I have a 2007 with the King Tour Pack installed on the quick disconnect docking hardware. use it for bike week and oter trips. Also when riding with my bride. I recommend it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics were taken when it was new and stock, but you get the idea....