free website stats program Tour or Dyna, that is the question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tour or Dyna, that is the question

I am with Jack with this. Rent one of each and let her decide which one she is comfortable with. I would go with the SG hands down but she may not be as comfortable on it.

A little lady in our HOG group just got a new SG and had the reach bars and seat installed, and it fits her perfect. I had a Dyna Wide Glide and it doesn't compare with my EG Classic. Much better ride, stereo, lots of luggage space , etc. But I too agree, that anyone who is going to spend a bunch on a new ride should go rent each model first, and that should help one decide. Good Luck.

I like my Dyna and my Glide,but for long rides the glide everytime.
It may be heavier,but the balance is better.
Try it.
Pick a Dyna off the stand and try and hold it upright with your feet off the floor.Just balancing,then try it with the Glide.

I'm another saying 'let her demo different bikes and decide which she feels most comfortable with'.

I have done trips on my WG ranging from 300 miles one way, to 5500 round trip and with a good shield and seat it was fantastic.

Last summer we did a ride out to Salt Lake City and back through the mountains of Colorado on US 50 and while in Rapid City SD I rented an Ultra. This baby had every option available and was very nice. Even though its much bigger, it was very well balanced (like the glides you talk about) and riding it up through the 'Needles' and Black Hills convinced me that someday, if I buy another, I will buy one. But I am not giving up my WG. I figure I ride more often on rides 300 miles and less, and the FXDWG fits that bill much better. For me anyway...

I have an 06 Dyna Lowrider and an 11 EG Ultra Limited and have spent quite a few hours in the seat of a SG. I have not ridden a Swithcback but I will tell you that I fell in love with that bike when I first saw it, with the exception of the hard bags it is what I wanted my Dyna to be. Before I bought my EG I was looking into putting Fatboy front end on the dyna just to get a wider front tire. If you put a different seat and a good shield on the Dyna there is no reason your Lady could not ride for extended miles. My wife and rode many times over 500 miles in a day with a Sundowner seat on the Dyna. When I bought the EG I modified the Dyna for my wife (lowered/reach seat) since she is somewhat vertically challenged, she loves it and I still sometimes sneak it out for a quick ride. I believe the Dyna is the best handling bike HD makes (I have not ridden a V-Rod though). The SG is an excellent ride but may feel somewhat heavier in the front due to the fairing.
Best to let her put some miles on both and see which she likes better.

The wife and I went through the same decision she really liked and wanted the SG, she test rode both several times and ended up with the switchback. The SG was too much for her to handle at one point the ground was uneven and she dumped a new 2012 SG. I have always ridden baggers and now have an ultra, I rode her switchback and was impressed easy for her to handle and I believe it will take a trip just fine, we are in our 60s and will most likely keep it around 500 miles a day when on a trip:newsmile09:.

Back