free website stats program Tough Decision - Leave Stock or Stage 2? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tough Decision - Leave Stock or Stage 2?

This is why I joined this forum I am starting with a 2010 FLHTK 103" maybe I'll do a stage 1 but will basically stay pretty stock and enjoy a great bike.

Soooo, just looking for advice or suggestions from others who have gone down this same road and wondering if anyone has had any issues or regrets after doing these mods?

I went with a stage 1 the first year I had my lowrider. I loved the sound and performance. I decided I wanted more power so last year I installed a new set of cams. This really made a big differance above 2500 rpm for me and the sound was different too. I installed 37h andrews cams. The total cost was around $300. I did it myself and feel it was money well spent. NO REGRETS. If you are going to over bore the engine then you might as well have the heads ported also. Now your talking $1500+. I would suggest new cams and some kind of fuel controller. Just do your homework on them before you buy.

I vote against all these people who are telling you to leave your bike alone. Have fun, do the cams and the big bore. Stock bikes are..........stock.

Latest update:

After getting lots of good advice on here, my intention was to pretty much leave well enough alone...

Then after some research, I decided I would at least pony up for the screamin eagle pro tuner to so I could play with it a bit and be able to change up the tune to accomodate any mods down the road.

And after a bit more research, I discovered the screamin eagle stage 2 race kit which comes with 103" pistons, cylinders and se255 cams for a very reasonable price.... It was so reasonable that I decided I had no choice but to order it as well.

Although I was gonna leave things alone, I figure this kit is a proven upgrade and should kick things up a notch in the power department without sacrificing driveability and long term reliability.

Should be fun. Will keep you posted.

Back